Sunday, March 3, 2019

YOP Week #36

Finishes:
1) 5 tissue box covers (sung to the tune of 5 Golden rings as in the 12 days of Christmas) -  all finished and all my tissue boxes in my house are covered and no longer 'naked'!  I feel so much better and I think they do too!  I think I may make some for Christmas gifts as I still have lots of leftover yarn!  The first one I made was all solids but the next ones I altered every other round with a variegated as I have lots of those yarns too.  I also added one extra row as the first one was just a wee bit short on my tissue boxes which are Great Value from Walmart.  They are each unique not a one of them is the same.


WIPs (works in progress): 
1) I got about 2 rows done on the pink C2C blanket
2) I did work on the Button Eyed cat on Witchy Wednesday
3) I worked some more on Hawk Run Hollow January.  I've renamed Merry Monday to Monthly Monday so I can work on monthly items and there is now Thanksgiving Tuesday for Thanksgiving items.....not sure what I'll do for Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day........ 



4)   I dug out my toe-up socks and plan on working on these this week plus I need to plan knitted items for when I move up North....I have not knitted any hats or mittens for myself and I have a feeling I will be needing them!  These are toe-up socks and I am using a tutorial on You Tube by Sockmatician.....so far so good!

Future Plans:
1) a new Holiday ornament pattern.....but I can't find that cute polka dot fabric.....yet!  LOL!  Or I could just paint some dots on the fabric after I'm done.
2)  This is the next patriotic xs I'll be working on and it is the very first SAL that Priscilla and Chelsea had on their podcast "The Real Housewives of Cross Stitch".  I have a long way to catch up with those 2!
Miscellaneous:
These are my project containers.  There are nine there but I'll dig up another one and as I finish a project and empty the container I will then choose another project to fill it.  I find that having a closed container (especially with Miss Peeps around) is much safer and none of my supplies go 'missing'.  Everything that I need for that project is in the container so no running around the house looking for supplies when I'd rather be 'doing'.  Trust me, these containers do not reside on my bed.  I was organizing my projects and ensuring they each had what they needed. 
This was the weather this morning...snowing like crazy.  Then it stopped and was melted in about 10 minutes then the sun came out and it was about 46 then it went away and clouds came in and the temperature dipped down in to the low 30's!  Huh?!?  Crazy, crazy weather!
BTW, for those of you who do not read my blog except on YOP Sunday....Nitty is back home safe and sound!  Someone had picked her  up and taken her to the animal shelter which was closed but you can put  a dog in the outside kennel.  The employees didn't find her until Monday when they came in.    You can read my past blog posts if you want all the details.  It was a MIRACLE!!!!  Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes!  She is doing fine and is not allowed outside 'unsupervised'! LOL!

TOP 10 (or more) WIP's:

1)  Pickle Dish
2)  Stars and Stripes Saturday - America x-stitch - done but needs finishing
3)  Amy's Frido Kahlo basket (July birthday) - done but needs to be sewn together
4)  Pin's embroidery
5)  Toe-up socks
6)  C2C blanket for Grayson (July birthday) 
7)  Monthly Monday - HRH January
8)  Witchy Wednesday - Button-Eyed Cat
9)  Fall Friday - Pumpkin Spice Far
10)  Santa Sunday -

 Finishes so far in 2018-19: 
1.  4th of July cross stitch pillow/ornie
2.  Hitchhiker shawl
3.  Felici Hibiscus self-striping socks
4.  Felted wool loafer slippers with leather soles for me Sam
5.  washcloth (extra large) and back scrubber for Christmas or birthday for SIL
6.   Iowa Hawkeye hats for Sam and Grayson
7.  Techniques learned so far this year: a) knit cast on, b) reading a knitting chart, c) lace work, d) inserting and using a lifeline e) charting a graphghan
8.   dishcloth(s)...I need to count them
9. Cubs hat for Uriah
10. 12 days of Christmas Advent gifts
11. Cowl for Ben
12. Cowl for Tracy
13. Cowl for Natalie
14.  # 2018 Collectible ornaments for the grands
15.  Cowl for me or gift basket
16.  11 scrubbies for gift basket
17.  1 pot handle cover for gift basket
18.  Ben's Bear's hat
19.  Falling Leaves Scarf
20.  Tissue Box Cover - 5 of them!
21.  Granny Square Shawl



Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other  YOP'ers are working on.
Happy Trails!!!


18 comments:

  1. So so so happy that Nitty is home safe and sound. So happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the first post about finding Nitty, but it made me happy all over again to read it today, too. :) I love the project boxes!!! I really admire your discipline to work on different projects on different days. And it's fun to watch the progress each week. Your Button Eyed Cat is really coming along. And I love how the yarn is working up in that sock you're knitting. Gorgeous! I hope you have a terrific week, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Becki...I'm so blessed that Nitty is back....not knowing what happened to her was really tearing me apart. Death is one thing but not knowing and wondering is worse.
      I'm glad to be back knitting something. Crocheting is harder on my hands so switching between the 2 really helps.

      Delete
  3. I read another blogger who said she felt sorry for the Robins in the snow and feeds them blueberries! Who knew! You sure had some crazy weather but at least your snow didn't stay! Your projects are coming along! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew that. Maybe I should put some out for the Robins although without any snow there are still lots of berries out there. They seem to congregate on my front lawn. Looking for worms? Not sure.

      Delete
  4. That weather does sound crazy! I just peaked outside. It’s 10:15 at night and it’s six below zero Fahrenheit. I am getting very, very tired of winter.
    I love your Kleenex box covers. So colorful and cheerful. Having boxes for each of your projects is a great idea. I try to keep mine in Ziploc bags but they don’t stack as well as boxes would. I may have to rethink my methods. Ha! Have a lovely Monday.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was 13 yesterday morning and this morning is 15...very cold for here. I can't remember it ever being this cold and gloomy of a winter so I think the nation is experiencing a rough one.

      Delete
  5. So, so happy to hear that Nitty is home safe and sound Sam! You must be delighted and relieved.
    Love seeing all the lovely projects you have going on and the Sockmatician's tutorial is such a great one! It makes for a really great pair of toe-up socks. I followed his when I first wanted to knit toe-up socks rather than cuff down and now I only knit toe-up socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had heard he had a great tutorial...now if I could only follow directions! LOL! You would be so proud of me....I put in an afterthought lifeline yesterday and it worked perfectly....I had started the gusset a while ago and forgot to knit inbetween each increase row so I had nothing to lose. It was either that or start over. The striping on the sock helped me to get it evenly ripped back and I am off and knitting again!

      Delete
  6. Cute tissue box covers. I don't have had boxes of tissues, but that would be nice to color coordinate for each room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're fun to make except for weaving in the ends.

      Delete
  7. Are you using DK weight yarn for the tissue covers? I had to add 2 extra rows and it was still a bit short. So thought about trying worsted weight for my next one. I think they would make fantastic gifts. Yours are so bright and cherry. Those project boxed are a very good idea. Smart way to keep a curious feline out of gun stuff. Glad to see you picked your sock back up. It will be so happy to be receiving some love. Give Nitty an ear a scratch from me and have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used worsted weight yarn...my old acrylic stash and did one extra row. Yes, DK weight would probably run a little smaller.

      Delete
  8. I love the idea of naming days and doing those tasks. On Mondays I do laundry, housework and watering houseplants...I’m labelling it “Mundane Monday’s” hahaha. I’m going to have a think about structuring my crafts on days though, as I do worry my projects get jealous of me neglecting them. I could have ‘felting fridays’, wheelie wednesdays on my spinning wheel, you’ve got me thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do the same on Mondays....catch up I call it and I make a weekly list of priorities for the week and then I have my daily list where I stick in things from the weekly list and then there's monthly maintenance! LOL! I never get it all done but if I don't schedule it....it never happens at all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so glad about nitty. I'm so happy for you. Love the tissue box covers and the socks look great. I only ever knit to up socks now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://emc-mee.com/transfer-furniture-dammam.html شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
    http://emc-mee.com/transfer-furniture-taif.html شركة نقل عفش بالطائف
    http://emc-mee.com/transfer-furniture-mecca.html شركة نقل عفش بمكة
    http://emc-mee.com/transfer-furniture-qassim.html شركة نقل عفش بالقصيم
    http://emc-mee.com/transfer-furniture-tabuk.html شركة نقل عفش بتبوك

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!