Tuesday, March 12, 2019

I am playing catchup all the time....

Is this what old age is?  I cannot get it all done although today was better than yesterday.  I am really going to have to prioritize and maybe hire a cleaning person or yard person or just go straight to a home.....lol!
I did have a good day today even though I am still behind.  But I have clean clothes and a nice dinner to eat later............plus, I figured out my knitting problem with my toe-up sock....I recalculated all the numbers and they were right so I picked up my needles and started re-counting all my stitches and I found a bunch hanging out on the cable that I had not counted!  Evidently I was not 'with it' when I counted them before.....tsk, tsk!  So, I am happy to announce I am now ready to proceed with the heel flap!  PTL!!!
The other day I made Mama Peas's egg casserole recipe that she blogged about!  Thank you Mama Pea...it was delicious!  I am always looking for good, healthy breakfast foods to fix.  It is a keeper for sure!
I finished the 2 books I was reading...........this one was good but the author was hard to be believed in many instances but then what do I know?  The book was not very well written and it was disjointed but it was still a very interesting read and she led a very unusual and unique life.
This was more my style....good old Janette Oke......I wish all people could be like the ones in her stories....
Now, I am reading these 2 books..........
I started this a while ago but it was on my tablet and I forgot about it...............
I'm taking the free Heritage Cooking class by The Prairie Homesteader.  It is only free this week and after that you have to pay for it.  It's very good and I am especially interested in the ancient grains and fermenting sections.  She has a blog so you might be able to find some of the information there and it might not be too late to sign up if you want.  I left a link in my post from Sunday. 
I got some cleaning done today...changed the sheets, vacuumed and this afternoon I made a roast chicken and baked some sweet potatoes for supper tonight. 
It was a cozy, cloudy, rainy day......I truly love my life!  I hope you all love yours too!
Happy Trails!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes! I too love my life, and every day I feel so blessed!
    I don't know if getting older is the issue with getting things done, or if I 'bite off more than I can chew', but I hope it's not getting a getting older issue, as I'm sure not getting any younger ~LOL!!

    Your dinner sounds yummy. I'm still on my self imposed pantry/freezer challenge, so the first thing I do is look in the freezer or pantry, and that dictates our menus.

    I do love to watch the Prairie Homesteader channel on Youtube.
    Her garden is amazing!

    Smiles :)
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your last couple of sentences were so good to hear! Having the ability to create a life that is satisfying, fulfilling and gives contentment is what it's all about. What more can we ask for in life?

    So glad the Cheesy Egg Wedges turned out for you. A friend just recently made it also and said she has taken leftovers, wrapped them up in a tortilla, warmed in a covered skillet with a tiny bit of water, serves with a bit of salsa and says they have been wonderful for her for breakfast and dinner. Good old eggs! What would we do without them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You keep yourself so busy. I’m not surprised you can’t get everything done in a day. It sounds like you had a very full day and accomplished much. Your dinner sounds wonderful too. I’m so glad you found the problem with your socks. It’s frustrating to have to rip out work. Especially if you had found out later that everything had been fine! Ha! We had seven more inches of snow yesterday. I’m sure hoping this was winters last hurrah. As it is, it will probably be June before the snow we have is all melted. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!