Monday, October 22, 2018

YOP Week #17



 YOP 2018-2019

Finishes so far:
1.  4th of July xs pillow
2.  Hitchhiker shawl
3.  Felici Hibiscus self-striping socks
4.  Felted wool loafer slippers with leather soles
5.  washcloth (extra large) and back scrubber for Christmas or birthday for SIL
6.   Iowa Hawkeye hat for Sam
7.  Techniques learned so far this year: a) knit cast on, b) reading a knitting chart, c) lace work, d) inserting and using a lifeline

There were no 'fresh ' finishes for this week either....so sad....

WIP's (works in progress) for this week:

1.  Falling Leaves Scarf:  The knitting is done but I need to kitchener the 2 pieces together and them block so almost a finish but not offical.

 I also wanted to share a little tip with you that I discovered after losing my place in the chart a few too many times......The instructor (Debbie Stoller) mentioned using post it notes to keep your place and I did but she just put them on the bottom and moved them up...........I still lost my place so I totally isolated the row I was working on and also used the pink postit to move from section to section as the row was divided into 4 sections.....there is a red line in between each section which I'm not sure you can see.  Anyway, it worked slick for me so I thought I would share it with you all.  I used the postits I had but there are larger ones that would be not so fiddly to move 6 every time you move up a row.



2.  Pickle Dish - worked a little more but didn't get this 'dish' done...


3.  Cubs ornament for Uriah: This is my Merry Monday project and I got quite a bit done.  I am using Perle Cotton #8, I think.  The same cotton thread that I use to blanket stitch my wool applique.  No need to separate the floss....it's all set to go in one single thread.  I may be converting to this for all my cross stitch.  It works great on 28 count material 1 thread over 2.  Plus, there is hand dyed versions of this also.
4.  Santa Sunday Cross Stitch project:  Didn't work on this but instead I worked on Sam's ornament for Christmas.  I always get my projects mixed up for Santa Sunday and Merry Monday...lol!
 This one is almost done too..........but today I needed to work on Halloween ornaments!  Yikes!  I forgot about the 2018 Collectible Halloween Ornaments!  Here I thought I was ahead of the game working on the Christmas ones.....that'll teach me!  Photos next week of those.   They will not be cross stitch! LOL!


5.  Stars and Stripes Saturday: I finished the right hand border on this one and need to add some buttons and do the 'finishing' which I will show when done,
But meanwhile I started another Stars and Stripes free xs ..........

6.  Fall Friday:  I did work on the top border a bit but lots of color changing so it is slow........I have to repeat at the bottom but I do enjoy it and love the hand dyed colors in this one.


7.  Witchy Wednesday:  Nada.........I am totally avoiding working on that 40 count but I need to as it is for Halloween....shame on me!

That's it for this week!
I hope you had a wonderful week and enjoyed working on your projects.  Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other  YOP'ers are working on.
Happy Trails!!!



15 comments:

  1. You’re getting so much finished. I love that pumpkin spice crosstitch. I would be happy to Kitchener that scarf for you. I know a lot of people avoid the kitchener stitch but I actually enjoy doing it. I hope you have a wonderful week.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like you...I don't find the Kitchener stitch difficult. I just have to pay attention which can be difficult for me at times! LOL! Thank you for offering though...you are a sweetie!

      Delete
  2. I too loose my place all the time. I use long magnets to mark my place. (Pattern is on a metal board)

    You did lots of needle and thread items this week. Good progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somewhere I have an old cross stitch metal board with magnet....but where is it? LOL! All this clearing out is making me lose track of where things are OR did I sell it in a garage sale at some time? It would work great for charts of any kind if I can find it. Thanks for the reminder!

      Delete
  3. Your scarf looks lovely! Kitchener...I have not heard of that before...learn something new everyday:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a special stitch in knitting that is most often used for closing up the toes of socks so it is something I am familiar with although I still have to look up the instructions every time I use it....my brain won't hold anymore evidently. Like a computer I need more memory! LOL!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Merry! They are my reward on my 'breaks' for getting the mundane chores done around here and in the evening when my legs will no longer carry me! Ha! Ha!

      Delete
  5. Oh again your projects are fabulous. I love all the stitching. I use washy tape to mark my place on everything not just charts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! So many cross-stitchings in progress. I don't know how you do it all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to start some Christmas stitching. Maybe I'll at least decide on a pattern today and try to keep going on Fall! lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the days of Stitching certain projects....you don't have to stitch much and on those 'smalls' you'd be amazed how they finish up fairly quickly. Plus, having several projects going you don't get tired of it and appreciate each piece more...IMHO. Your decorations are adorable!

      Delete
  8. Looking forward to seeing how the Falling Leaves scarf blocks out, well done on it's near completion. Love, as always the selection of different cross stitch projects. I always enjoy popping in to see what projects you have on the needle Sam.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!