Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Terrific Tuesday!

Yesterday I had errands to run....Vet, Walmart and library and I was exhausted when I got home.  It was in the 90's and loading groceries and unloading just about did me in....I was toast after that.  I put the perishables away and had to get off my feet.  But today is a whole different story Morning Glory!
I was up very early and have been going ever since about 3:00?  I have done laundry, washed my quilt, changed my sheets. cleaned up the kitchen and ran the dishwasher, emptied and relined all the garbages and got it out to the street.  But wait there' s more! LOL!
It probably sounds boring to you but I am so thrilled when I am productive and feel like maybe for once I can move ahead instead of getting behind.
 I had a partial bag of carrots in the frig so I cooked those up for tonight and made eggplant Parmesan which is already to pop in the oven...........love this dish especially with my fresh basil and my homemade sauce...........
When I take a break I work on the foot of my 2nd sock....it's going quickly now and is great for watching t.v. which I will be doing tonight when my legs can no longer support my body....lol!
I'm making Swedish Browns (cookies) that are mixing as I write this...as always thanks to Connie (Far Side) for this great recipe....one of my favorite cookies!  I also ironed today and yesterday treated myself to this magazine that only comes out 4 times a year.  I loved the quilt on the front cover...I'd like to make it for my craft room.
I've also been following some of Dana White's  suggestions from her book How to Manage Your Home Without Losing Your Mind and it is making a difference without that feeling of being overwhelmed that usually stops me in my tracks.  I set a timer for a 5 minute daily pickup of putting things away where they belong and then a 15 minute daily timer for de-cluttering and another 15 minute daily timer for going through paperwork (the last one is my idea).  It's really making a difference and I am getting more things done than I usually accomplish.  It's all good folks!  She has a website  
A Slob Comes Clean with lots of info and even De-Clutter T.V. which I will be watching in earnest!
I hope this is just the beginning!  TTYL!
Happy Trails!!!

6 comments:

  1. I need to look up the website for A Slob Comes Clean. As soon as it cools off a bit here, I am going to do a MASSIVE clean out. How ever did we collect so much 'stuff'.

    You have been super productive today. Your dinner looks yummy. That sick will be done soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cookie recipe too! You had a busy day!! I need more time in my day...does that gal have a solution for that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness you have been busy today. All I have done is take several walks and knit at the lake. Well, I made breakfast and lunch for me and dinner for both of us but that happens most days! Thank you for the website. I need to look it up. We’ll be doing a massive down sizing in a couple of years and I need to start decluttering now.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're finding a good system that's working for you Sam!! I am "allergic" to housework from April through to November lol...I just don't care too much. I eventually run the vacuum and take out the duster when I get enough of the pet hair though! :) Your dinner looks nice and healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, for early mornings, and seizing the day!
    I too love getting up early and getting a jump on the day and not letting the day waste away :)
    I'm surely and early bird, and not a night owl...~LOL!

    What candle have you got burning there? Something Fall~ish?

    I've not heard of those cookies before; I'll have to check out the recipe.

    Have a lovely and productive week.

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this, It's very interesting Blog...
    I believe there are many who feel the same satisfaction as I read this article!
    I hope you will continue to have such articles to share with everyone!
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!