Sunday, August 26, 2018

YOP Week #9

I didn't get much done this week...I'm starting to sound like a broken record!  Also, I forgot to set goals last week.....could that be part of it?  Anyway, here's what I got done...........I am on to the foot of the 2nd sock...........in the homestretch now!  My next sock will be using Sockmatician's toe up tutorial and I already have the yarn for them.
Merry Monday saw some work done...............more trees
Witchy Wednesday saw a cat's ear appear!
Fall Friday didn't get too much attention...........just the K and the I............

Stars and Stripes Saturday is one of my favorites!  I love the scroll lettering...........
Santa Sunday is being worked on as I speak but here is what I have so far..........this is a Prairie Schooler pattern that is no longer in print.  I have looked everywhere for it to buy but to no avail so I printed a picture and thought I would try and "read" the stitches as best I could..............it is from a pattern called Button Up...........
 moving right along..............
I had to go to Mountain Home this week to say farewell to my RA doctor who I adore........so sad...he asked me if I had found another and I said no....none are taking new patients.  He was so sweet, he gave me his new address and phone number and said if I needed anything to call him.  He will be missed but I am in remission and hope to stay that way forever.  I'm praying that the people who are in the 'throws" of RA were able to find a doctor.  I didn't lose any weight....not that I was trying but my blood pressure was 106 over 58.......in the doc's office.....they were amazed at how good it is.....retirement and steering clear of negativity in all it's forms is so stress free!  LOL! 
Meanwhile, while I was in 'the big city' (12,000 people...lol!) I stopped at Hobby Lobby and got some cross stitching supplies......no yarn needed but I did look!  Here' s what I picked up...........
   Some 'O' rings for project floss holders, some plastic floss holders as my old cardboard ones are really old and worn, some 24 and 26 size XS needles and some number adhesives for the floss holders.  I am sticking to my budget!  I also went to TJ Maxx and Lowes but all were things that were allocated for so I felt good about my purchases.
Okay....so...........
Here are my goals for this coming week:  (no more than 10 per week as I usually don't even get those done!)
1)  Merry Monday XS
2)  finish sock #2
3)  Finish the next pattern repeat on the Falling Leaves scarf (20 rows)
4)  Cut material for next pickle dish
5) work on Witchy Wednesday x-stitch
6) work on Fall Friday x-stitch
7) work on Stars and Stripes Saturday x-stitch
8) work on Santa Sunday x-stitch
9) work on hexies for Pickle Dish block #3
10)  look for sewing pattern for pajamas for me (I looked at TJ Maxx....yuch!  Satin and slinky....I want cotton or flannel and a top and bottom that match not a t-shirt and bottom.

That should do it for this week folks!  I hope you had a wonderful week and enjoyed working on your projects.  Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other  YOP'ers are working on.Happy Trails!!!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, you’re doing really well at recreating that Santa Sunday pattern! It looks great!

    I just spent the last ten minutes looking at PJ patterns only to find I prefer the “vintage” patterns. I guess i’m showing my age again!

    You’re definitely in the home stretch with that pair of socks! Our weather is way too hot for taking about wearing socks though. Not that i’m complaining - I’m sure winter will be here soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like cotton nightgowns from walmart, in the winter I add a pair of leggings for warmth:) Hope your pups are doing okay this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam, you get so much more done than I do - even when you don't set goals. I agree with Marsha - you're doing really well reading the stitch pattern on your picture of that Prairie Schooler cross stitch picture. It looks perfect, in fact! I love that you have crafting themes for each day. And I love the names you've given each day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cross stitch is coming along quite well. And almost a completed pair of socks. Woohoo!

    You get quite a bit do e each week. Your energy is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cross stitch projects are looking great Sam and you are doing a great job of recreating the Prairie Schooler pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new week!
    Sorry about your doc moving, but that was awfully nice of him to give you his info. so that you could get ahold of him.
    Your making progress on your projects and they are looking nice!
    Good luck on making jammies! If anyone can find a pattern and accomplish that sewing project, it's you.

    Smiles:)
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s always so hard to lose doctors that we trust. I hope you can find a new one and that you stay in remission. I also get my nightgowns from Walmart. It’s the only place that has them for a reasonable price and aren’t made of that slinky stuff! :-). I love all of your projects and I think you get a lot done. You make me want to start cross stitching again.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, your projects look great. I'm getting a little bit of crochet work done, as it's too hot here to work on them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you've named your days of the week! It sounds like you've dedicated a different day each week to visit with a different friend. They all look great but the Button Up is my favorite! Great job recreating the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness it is good to hear about a doctor that is so caring and supportive - mine retired a couple of years ago and I liked his replacement - but now he has moved his family to a cheaper city. I am on the hunt again - I like old-school doctors that take their time with you and don't just stare at their computer while the talk to you. Might be a thing of the past. sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!