Sunday, September 2, 2018

YOP Week #10

 This was a good week all around.  I didn't blog as much or visit but I have a garage sale coming up and I am really de-cluttering and going through things so it takes time.   But progress is being made on the home front! 
Here are my goals from last week:
1)  Merry Monday XS - Yes, this got worked on last Monday....it's nearing the finish soon........

2)  finish sock #2 - YES!!!!  We have a finish folks!  The bottom sock got stretched out by the 1 sock blocker I have when I showed it as the first sock finished.  I used Cherry Heart's My First Socks pattern without the patterned design part.  All details for my projects are usually on my projects page in Ravelry.  If not or if you have a question just ask me and I'll get back to you in the reply to your comment.  I knit very tightly so I use a 2.75 circular needle with a 32" cable.  The yarn is Knit Pick's Felici self-striping fingering weight in the Hibiscus colorway.

3)  Finish the next pattern repeat on the Falling Leaves scarf (20 rows) -  I did my 20 rows and have reached the halfway part of the scarf where you put it on waste yarn and make the second half of the scarf and then  connect the 2 halves by Kitchener stitch.  I have learned so much with this pattern plus I love the chart reading (this one anyway) and instead of stitch markers I use post-it notes to keep my place on the chart and a charm that I move to the next 'grouping' of stitches in the row.  Anyway, it works for me and I have not had to use my life line.....yet!  Nice to know it's there though!  This scarf will definitely need a good blocking when done.  It is very soft and silky and lightweight.  There is a total of 160 rows so 1/2 the scarf has been 80 rows.
4)  Cut material for next pickle dish- nope, I know I said I was going to but don't believe me anymore! LOL!
5) work on Witchy Wednesday x-stitch - yes......I worked on this on Wednesday.....the Button-Eyed Cat...........


6) work on Fall Friday x-stitch - this didn't get too much attention but it got some............It's my Pumpkin Spice Farm cross stitch...................


7) work on Stars and Stripes Saturday x-stitch -  This got lots of love yesterday as I watched John McCain's funeral ceremony at the National Cathedral in Washington D.C. all morning while working on this.....it was very fitting that by the time the ceremony was over I had completely stitched AMERICA.....the country he loved so much..........rest in peace John.........

8) work on Santa Sunday x-stitch - I'm on a roll here...........this is what I got done last Sunday......I'll be working on it again tonight.............something went wonky with the house in front but I'm not going to rip it out.....

9) work on hexies for Pickle Dish block #3 - since I didn't cut any material no hexies got made.........
10)  look for sewing pattern for pajamas for me - Found it!!!!  Yay!  Plus the clearing out and organizing is uncovering more treasures!  This pattern should do me for all my pajama needs....summer and winter!  I think I already have flannel but I'll have to check if I have enough.
I also found some other 'treasures'...didn't even have to go shopping or spend any money!  I guess this will be my next Stars and Stripes cross stitch project....
 This one is just in time for Halloween after my Button Eyed cat.............I used to go to the Amana's (Amana Colonies) in Iowa where I lived and it was only about 15 minutes from my house out in the country.  There was a needlework shop there and I remember getting these patterns there.  The Amana Colonies (there are 7 of them...villages really) are where Amana appliances are made although I think they were bought out by Whirlpool now and left.  They are an old German settlement and you can still get great German family style meals and breakfast there for reasonable prices.  I digress!  Took a little walk down memory lane there! LOL! 
I also found these 2 patterns which are note cards that came with a pattern by Carol Andres whose designs I love........they're felted wool applique and I need to get back to that!  Fun little projects these will be for this winter..............
I have finally caught up with Stitching the High Notes podcast and will catch up on Brooklyn Knitfolk tonight then there's The Bakery Bears which I have never caught up with! LOL!
Stitching the High Notes and Once Upon a Corgi are having their annual Pumpkin MAL (make a long)  and I am going to participate this year.  Please join in!  I am trying to figure out what to make....part of me says "easy does it" and then another part of me says "stretch yourself"...what to do?
 I have been wanting to learn color work for quite awhile and I fell in love with these mittens! Pumpkin Spice Latte mittens!  Look at those beautiful mitten blockers too!  Skeindeer Knits is the designer and this is a pay for pattern.  It wasn't rated difficult or anything but not sure if it is exactly beginner level either but love can be a powerful motivator!  I will decide this week and get the yarn ordered for whatever project I chose.

Here are my goals for this coming week:  (no more than 10 per week as I usually don't even get those done!)
1)  Merry Monday XS
2)  start next sock using Sockmatician's Toe Up pattern and here's the yarn I already had on hand......
 3)  Start the second half of the Falling Leaves scarf (20 rows of 80)
4)  Cut material for next pickle dish
5) work on Witchy Wednesday x-stitch
6) work on Fall Friday x-stitch
7) work on Stars and Stripes Saturday x-stitch
8) work on Santa Sunday x-stitch
9) work on hexies for Pickle Dish block #3
10)  find or order flannel material for pajamas to sew and all required additional supplies...kit up!  

That should do it for this week folks!  I hope you had a wonderful week and enjoyed working on your projects.  Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other  YOP'ers are working on.
Happy Labor Day to my U.S. friends!
Happy Trails!!!

11 comments:

  1. You are moving right along! It is always fun to see your projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again you blow my mind with how much you get done each week AND declutter on top of it

    Have you found the boys quilts yet? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No....let's not even go there....now you know why I need to 'declutter' so badly! LOL! It's embarassing!

      Delete
  3. Your socks are gorgeous! I would never take them off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! for you finding some treasures you'd forgotten about. All your stitchery projects looks so fun. Those mittens look amazing! I say stretch for for it, but that's a pretty selfish-of-me thing to say. I want to see you progress through them. Beautiful!!!

    Another YAY! for your finished socks. They are beautiful, too, Sam. And your Falling Leaves scarf is really awesome. What a delicate, beautiful thing that will be to wear. I hope you have a great week, friend. No matter what you accomplish, it always seems like gobs more than I'm ever able to manage. You are an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and you are an inspiration to me....I printed off the hat pattern and looked at that premier yarn...yum!

      Delete
  5. I always enjoy seeing the progress that you’ve made on your cross stitch projects. The socks turned out beautifully. I love them and you know how much I like Felici yarn! What a great pajama pattern. I never wear pajamas because I am so tall and the legs are never long enough. Maybe the answer is to make my own! I’ll have to write that pattern information down. Dennis and I used to go to the Amana Colonies twice a year when we lived in Omaha. Those were our weekends away and our in-laws kept the kids for us. I always enjoyed going through the little shops and eating the meals family style. Oh my goodness the food was delicious! I hope you have a lovely week my friend.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What years were they? We might have passed each other on the street or sat across from each other in one of the restaurants! Wouldn't it be neat if when you met someone, even online, if you could Google and find out if you had ever run into them before as strangers....that would be so cool! Come on Google! LOL!

      Delete
  6. Well done on finishing the socks Sam and the first half of your scarf. You will love the Sockmatician's toe up recipe, it's a really great pattern. Great progress on the stitching projects, each is as beautiful and as lovely as the next. What great finds you've gotten there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous x-stitch projects, and I the socks are absolutely adorable! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this, It's very interesting Blog...
    I believe there are many who feel the same satisfaction as I read this article!
    I hope you will continue to have such articles to share with everyone!
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!