Thursday, July 26, 2018

Thursday - July 26, 2018

Today is my grandson Grayson's 7th birthday and in honor of his birthday I made a cake.  Of course we're too far away to share it but I will enjoy it in his honor regardless! LOL!
 He's the blonde on the left....this was taken while they were visiting in June.  I didn't get many pictures....they were too fast for me! I sent a package (just this morning....I am so slow) and I called him to wish him a Happy Birthday....he was excited because he had gotten money for his birthday and he had decided he wanted a Harry Potter Lego set and they were going to get it after they got done making cupcakes.  They're going to his other grandpa's tonight for dinner so he will have a great day.
The cake I made is a French style yogurt cake with lemon.  It will get a simple lemon glaze after it is cool.  
 I got the recipe from Molly Weizenberg who used to have a blog called Orangette and that's where I got this recipe...............here
It doesn't look like she blogs anymore but there are lots of archives from 2004 with gobs of great recipes.  I think she stopped blogging because she has written 2 books now also.  I have one that I just started reading.  It was on sale for .99 so I couldn't pass it up!  It's called "A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes From My Kitchen Table".  I love cookbooks with stories about the recipes and their makers.
I have to take Miss Peeps to the vet this afternoon for her yearly rabies vaccination and tomorrow I will take Grace.  I only have 1 cat carrier.  I hope you are staying cool, dry and smoke free where you live.
Happy Trails!!!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Grayson and I hope enjoy(ed) that cake. It sounds delicious. Going to go check out Orangette. And that book! It sounds like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seven is a fantastic age. I hope Grayson had a blessed bday.

    You cake looks yummy. The recipe looks tempting. What is a jar of yogurt? Or a jar of sugar?

    My puos went to the vet last week for their shots. It sure dips into the budget to keeo a pet heslthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A jar equals 1/2 cup and it is good even though I only had 1 lemon instead of 2. Yes, the girls are pricey with 2 dogs and 2 cats...no more pets for me!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Nanaland. I love meeting new blog friends. I am going to take some time to read some of your posts and get to know you better. As to cross stitching. I use a clip on magnifier and I have a strong LED lamp at my side and I STILL CANNOT stitch on 40 count. 36 count is about my limit but I stick with 28 count for the most part. I love Prairie Schooler and I tend to stitch it on Aida as it is easier to see and to count my squares. As I get older, I am all about EASIER.lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to Grayson! That cake looks delicious and I sure hope you enjoyed it. Vet bills can sure can be pricey, especially as our pets age. Although our doctors visits get more expensive too don’t they?! I hope you have a wonderful day today.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to Grayson! What handsome looking young men!! How good of you to make a cake...it looks yummy! You were there in spirit! We never bake cakes anymore only cupcakes so we can freeze some!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!