Thursday, May 24, 2018

Thursday Treasures!!!

Treasures came in the mail yesterday and today!  I treat myself on Holidays to things I have on my wish list and also foods I'm supposed to steer clear of.  I am getting ready for the Memorial Day weekend here on my little homestead in the middle of town! LOL!  
First some charm packs and a fat quarter...............
Do I already have plenty of fabric?  Of course I do but that's not the point! LOL!
A cute pattern for a summertime mini.............
  Some books I have wanted for a long, long time.....................
 This book is by 2 gals that own a quilt shop in Pearl City, Illinois and not too far from my hometown.  You can bet I will be visiting them when I move back North!
Yarn!  I gave up on the Lorna's Laces yarn for the Falling Leaves scarf.  The yarn Debbie used in the class is no longer available so I went to Yarn Sub where you can put in the yarn the pattern calls for and it will come up with the closest to that yarn in other brands.  This yarn popped up and it is not expensive and available at Hobby Lobby!  Boy did I ever waste money on the Lorna's Laces yarn.  I will be using Yarn Sub a lot!  I will use the Lorna's Laces probably for a hat or a cowl maybe but not this lace scarf!  I hope this yarn works well.  It was highly rated so maybe you don't have to pay an arm and a leg for good yarn.  It's 85% bamboo and 15% silk.....worsted weight.  It will have a nice drape and show off the leaf pattern better than a variegated.  It will also show my mistakes too....so I cannot make any....lol!
 I got a few sundries that I needed too..........I am going to look so cute in this little number! LOL!
I've been using the cheap, 10 to a package ones from the dollar store....now I will be a 'fashionista'!
I also got tired of using cheap pens that skip and won't write even though they have ink......I used to be able to get these pens around here but not any more so Amazon to the rescue!  They're great for arthritic hands too.
Last but not least.........a new mattress protector......for my bed and I will use the old one on the guest bed........my daughter suggested it for when the grand boys come...just in case!
I love mine because I drink coffee in bed in the morning and tea or water at night plus it keeps dust mites from coming through and allergens....although sleeping with a cat sort of cancels the allergens out.  The elastic on mine is a bit stretched out so since I don't make up the guest bed that often I thought I would use the new one and put the old one on the guest bed.
There are a few more items coming but they're not here yet.  I'm boning up for YOP 2018-19.  I am really wanting to quilt some things for MOI after I finish the grand boy's quilts. 
Tomorrow is grocery shopping and prepping for a 'crafty' long weekend!  Have any of you watched any of the Floss Tube videos?  I've been watching Priscilla and Chelsea and Vonda, The Twisted Stitcher...such talent and they are a hoot!  Also, I can't stop watching the live feed of the volcano in Hawaii.......it's like watching a fire...it's mesmerizing!
BTW, I did get my stuffed pepper casserole made last night and it was quick, easy, and cheap to make.  I should revisit more of my old recipes!  Tasty too!  It had a few things that aren't real healthy....cheese and hamburger meat but I'm also trying to use up what's in my freezer so that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
  Have a great rest of your day!
Happy Trails!!!



6 comments:

  1. Your casserole looks delicious! And I love all your new treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some fun goodies! No time for nothing much here this week...appts nearly every day...tomorrow we have the day off...and I am exhausted..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That casserole looks yummy. And...just look at all of the fun goodies. Love the fabric. I have used that Yarn Bee yarn and thought it was very nice. Hopefully you'll feel the same. I have watched Pricilla and Chelsea and think they are hilarious. Although I haven't cross-stitched much, I do enjoy floss tube videos, although I'm finding with warmer weather I haven't watched as many podcasts as when I'm cooped up in the house.
    I hope you enjoy your crafty weekend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to reading how you like the Yarn Been yarn. I've never tried it before, but it sounds nice and I love finding out about new-to-me yarns that I can find locally. Not that I'm buying any yarn right now. But still... Do share how you like it! And btw, I love the color you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ha...fashionista! I love that shower cap! Too cute...your treasures are great Sam, good for you for spoiling yourself! That melted cheese looks AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cheesy meat dish looks yummy! Be good with a cornbread muffin. Love pretty fabric too! Enjoy your weekend. It's rainy here so I'll be crafting...or sewing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!