Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Supposed to be Witchy Wednesday in Stitch Maynia land but for me it is yardwork!

I tried hiring someone but no luck so far.  I can't get a hold of the guy I wanted to hire but I have someone working on it for me!  I've also got the roof guys coming sometime to dry wall and also to build a ramp for Nitty in the back by the porch.  So, progress is being made!  I've moved on from the bathroom to the living room cleaning.  I'm filling boxes in the garage to either have a sale or take to the thrift store but either way none of it is coming back in this house!
I need to mow today as it is supposed to rain in the next couple days and it is plenty long enough!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 I made this Pad Thai dinner from this kit and it was really good!  I don't usually buy items like this but I love Thai food and thought I would give it a try.  You supply either chicken or shrimp...I used chicken.

 Today I need to make a dinner after I mow the lawn and bathe to get the bug spray off of me! LOL!
I always come in and take a bath right away to get off the spray and any bugs that might have slipped past the spray!  I hope I have enough energy left to make stuffed peppers with out stuffing them.  I just chop up the green pepper and make a casserole  with lots of cheese on top.  The recipe I use is from the first cookbook I ever had besides a children's cookbook.
This cookbook is at least 20 some years younger than me and it is in bad shape....not sure what that says about me but it's falling apart at the seams!
I used to write in all my cookbooks....notes and whether we liked it or not..........as I had children I kept multiplying the recipe to accommodate more mouths.........
If I have any energy left I plan on finishing this pillow I started last year for Memorial Day......it's about time...........I just need to attach the little white stars and sew it together and stuff....I would hope I would be able to finish it before this Memorial Day!
Here's the free pattern from Anita Elmore but that takes you to her blog not to the pattern page.  It might be easier to look on Ravelry as that is probably where I found it originally....only last year and I can't remember....sad.........

I hope to 'catch up' with everyone soon.  The last 2 days I have been working with my financial 'people' getting some heavy duty paperwork filled out for my coming years.  It seems they didn't want me to take out money but then when you're 70 1/2.....1 year from now....you are required to take some out....go figure?!?!  Anyway, that's taken care of finally along with some other designations.  This morning the internet was down but thank goodness it is back! 
Do you have plans for Memorial Day?  I get to eat whatever on holidays and this one will be no exception!  So far the plan is hotdogs or brats, BLT potato salad, baked beans and probably fruit pizza for dessert.........can't wait!  I can remember as my parents got older all they talked about was food and now it seems I am doing the same thing! LOL!
I hope your week is going well and I will be sharing some treasures that are coming in the mail soon...maybe even today!?!  So excited!  Have a great day!
Happy Trails!!!




6 comments:

  1. Dang girl, do you ever slow down? You have more energy than people half your age. Hopefully you can get a dependable yard person soon. That will help free some time up for you. Nitty will be so happy with a ramp and I imagine there might be other fur babies that will thank you too.

    I love a good used cookbook. I think all cookbooks should be written in and have splatters on them. That's how mine are too.

    Fingers crossed you get the pillow completed. It will look so nice sitting in a chair on you waterproof porch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a busy, busy girl. How sweet of you to be thinking of Nitty and getting her ramp up. It will make things so much easier for her. I like the flag pillow you made. I ran into town this morning from the lake and I went to the dollar store. They had aisles of patriotic decorations. I guess Fourth of July isn’t that far away is it? Our memorial day weekend plans are to be at the lake without having to leave to go to the town at all. I want that for Dennis. He has such a stressful job and is usually gone about 14 hours a day! I would like this weekend to be pure relaxation for him.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me tired, Sam. But I'm so glad to have you as my cyber mentor. You inspire me with all the different things you do, and your attitude about life that comes through on your blog. Also, and finally... I LOVE the pillow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pillow is just about done so I would imagine you could finish it off in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I like your pillow! It is really cute. We bought a ramp for Chance to get into the car, it is aluminum so it is not real heavy and it telescopes out about 6 feet maybe a bit more, it works well to get him in and out of the vehicle. Sounds like you are a really busy gal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sam :) Good for you for filling boxes. Alex and I have accumulated so much stuff...I think that next year when we move, we'll be leaving most of our stuff behind. It's going to be a very healthy purging.

    I'm glad you enjoyed the Pad Thai!

    Oh the bug spray, that came out here today! The black flies are out on a mission to kamakaze themselves either up my nose or into my eyeballs lol...so annoying!

    I love your Memorial Day menu! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!