Sunday, December 31, 2017

YOP Week #27

and Blogmas Day #31.  I hope you weren't looking for Blogmas Day #30 because it didn't happen! LOL!  It was Craft's Day but I realized that if I posted what I did there would be nothing to post about today.  But here's what I've been up to......
my Christmas Eve cast on socks.....using Cherry Heart's My First Socks pattern but not the design on the socks just plain as I want the yarn to be the focal point on these socks.....I am working them concurrently on Chiagu lace needles....my favorite in the 2.75 mm size.  The only thing I will say is that the 32 inch cable is easier to work socks with than the 40 inch, IMHO.  I have both.
 Here's a closeup..I have both cuffs done and am now working on the leg.....
I know I worked 4 squares/1 row on my CMB but not sure if I did anymore but here are the last squares......still working on the width....
The X's and O's washcloth for my friend is coming along but boy do I dislike the old aluminum needles!  They were all I had but I am ordering some wooden ones A.S.A.P.......how did they ever knit with those things?  Too slippery for me and you can't seem to control the tension with them.  I am using a free pattern on Ravelry and the yarn is Hobby Lobby cotton which I really like.
Can you make out the X's and O's yet?
I finally decided and started on the 2017 Collectible Ornament....I had tried miniature mittens but they were taking too long so I opted for Susan Anderson's  Santa Hat ornament.  I have only 1 of 4 done so far but I should be able to get them done this week.   Again working with 'fiddly' aluminum needles.....yes, my Halloween ornament is still on the tree too.....what can I say....
Here's a closeup of the hat and it is a free pattern on Ravelry.....this one will be mine as the first one is usually the worst and I get better as I go along.....
I made some Christmas Crack to keep me going.....it's like a Heath bar...it may still rot your teeth but at least it won't break them! LOL!  Here' s the recipe
Happy New Year and Happy Trails!!!!

23 comments:

  1. Those socks are so pretty. I agree about doing a plain sock with that yarn. Too pretty to camouflage it.

    Very cute washcloth. I really like the color you are using. I can see the pattern forming.

    How cute is that Santa hat? That might need to be next year's ornaments for the grands.

    Yummy Christmas Crack. I love that stuff. I can eat all of it by myself. So yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I won't tell if you don't! LOL!

      Delete
    2. Ack I lost my comment - here goes a second try. Love the ornaments and the Christmas yarn is perfect. And oh my that Christmas Crack looks so yummy. I can see the x and o forming - it will be a lovely gift for someone (or yourself). Happy New Year.

      Delete
    3. Happy New Year to you too....the cloth is a gift for a friend who's having surgery.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sam :)) I LOVE that Santa hat ornament!!! Love it! And the socks too. I can only make out the X's, my eyes can't figure out the O's so I'll wait patiently for more! :) You knit very well! The "crack" looks great and a bonus if it doesn't break your teeth lol...I can't eat hard candy stuff anymore, my teeth are always on the verge of breaking, they're like chalk!
    Hope you have a fun night tonight! Are you toasting in the new year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did another hat last night....they must be easy as I was able to do it! LOL! I didn't really celebrate but that's because every day is a celebration around here! So Hygge!LOL! Happy New Year to you and your gang! You are one of the things I am grateful for in 2017! I can't wait to hear about tcheeses!

      Delete
  3. Hello there, Sam. Lovely blog! And in this post, so much talent can be seen... Wow! Hope I see you around. Happy New Year, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the Christmas yarn for your socks. Good call to skip the stitch patterning - the yarn is pattern-y enough.

    I find tension hardest in cotton, no matter what needles, it's just somrope-y. You've got a very nice colour there. I can make out the Xs and Os now that you've mentioned them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that about the cotton....I thought it was just me. Yes, that Christmas yarn is my favorite yarn of all time! It seems thicker than fingering weight but I love it...it is by Brazen Stitches on Etsy. I can't locate the label but I think that was the name of her site. She's on vacation now...aren't they all? But I will definitely buy from her again! I too like that color in the cloth....it's like a dusty old fashioned pink. I like those old muted vintage colors when it comes to solids. Here's to sock knitting in 2018! The Knitting Expat (podcast) just stated she had knitted 44 pairs of socks in 2017!!! Yikes Batman! I can't even get a Box of Socks done but this may be the year!

      Delete
  5. Those sock are going to look so pretty! Heath bars...yum... Happy New Years to you and all your critters! I wish you the best in 2018. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back at you girlfriend! Stay warm.....it was 9 F when I got up this morning yet the weeds are still growing here....go figure! Stay warm!

      Delete
  6. Isn't that yarn the prettiest shade of lavender! Happy New year sweet friend! Let's Toast! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love it too. I bought it without knowing what I would use it for simply because of the color. Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  7. I love the yarn you're knitting your Christmas Even Cast-on socks in. It's festive and fun. I find straight knitting needles challenging to use (especially for something as small as a dishcloth, but I do use the inexpensive aluminum circular ones. I found wooden needles weren't slippery enough and the tips of my fingers got sore as I tried to push the stitches of the needle. Isn't it funny how we experience the same things so differently? Mmmm... your Christmas Crack looks yummy. Enjoy that. Happy New Year,Sandra! I look forward to seeing what you make in 2018. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done so much knitting lately my hands were sore last night! That has never happened so maybe I will have more finishes this year....just have to build up my knitting muscles! LOL! I like the wooden needles but the highly varnished ones so they still slip off the needle. But a good knitter should be able to cope regardless and I am trying but really hoping to order some new straight needles in the future. Happy New Year to you too and I am looking forward to your projects as always!

      Delete
  8. Love your Christmas Eve cast-on yarn. A great choice. As though you needed my opinion. Ha! The Santa hats are really cute to. I’ve pretty much switched to only Hobby a Lobby cotton. It’s so soft and wears very well. Happy New Year my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used some of their other yarn with metallic in it and it was supposed to be worsted but it was very thin but this cotton is excellent quality and I like it better than KnitPicks. Happy New Year to you and your family....stay warm. It was 9 here this morning....I thought I was in the South? LOL!

      Delete
  9. Your socks are gorgeous, such a lovely yarn and you are right to let the yarn do the talking. Christmas crack looks yummy, but I'm sure that has a different meaning over here!
    Happy new year and I hope 2018 is good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've been busy. It's been a long time since I've participated in YOP, the charity took so much time, but thought I'd have some fun today and do some blog walking and say Happy New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year! May 2018 be just as prolific and productive as 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colours in your new socks! I look forward to seeing them finished!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love 'da sockie socks! I'm knitting concurrently also.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!