Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Let the good times roll!!!!

Okay, the presents are all sent off....all the ones for now anyway and the bills are paid and laundry is done and I can take a little breath for now....yay!!!  Such a great feeling!  Oh, and get this...the plumber came yesterday and it was just an element and he fixed it very reasonably and said I am good to go for at least 5 more years!  That should give me enough time to save up for a new water heater don't you think?  LOL!
I am SO happy and now I can start MY little Christmas.  Today I got presents from my daughter and her family in the mail.  She is such a great shopper on a budget and look at how lovely she wraps everything.
so pretty.....and she gives the best gifts!  They don't have to cost a lot but she puts a lot of thought into each gift she gives.......and she shops all year long...........
She also had these in the box for filler I imagine.....lol!  I don't buy candy except at Halloween but I certainly won't let these go stale!  A sweet treat each night leading up to Christmas......
I was watching Little Bobbin's Vlogmas's and in one of them she made a London Fog (tea drink) from Earl Grey tea.  I Googled the recipe and although I did not have Earl Grey, I did have some Irish breakfast tea.
You make your cup of tea, put in a splash of vanilla and some honey and froth some milk.  I don't have a frother but you can put a bit of milk in a mason jar and with the lid on, shake it for 30 seconds and then take the lid off and heat it up in the microwave for 30-45 seconds and tada!  It worked for me and was really tasty!  Well worth the extra effort.
 I was able to sit and have my tea and knit a bit on my CMB using my favorite stitch marker from Maker's Haven...........she makes the prettiest stitch markers and project keepers.
 Tonight I'll be starting some presents for "the girls" and making my menu and grocery list for the holidays.  There's still decorating but if it doesn't get done it will be alright....I still have my Fall decorations up and some lights and baubles.  I'm just so happy I'm feeling better and I have hot water! LOL!   Plus, it is going to rain and rain for the next couple days and then when I go to the store on Thursday the sun will be out and 65!  Oh yeah!  Great shopping weather.  But come Christmas Eve it is supposed to go down to the low 30's and teens at night and snow is coming!!!!!  Oh be still my beating heart!  I am so excited and need to get the fireplace ready!  I've been playing Christmas music on my pc all day.  There's so many great playlists for Christmas music and it really puts you in the spirit and sometimes brings a tear to my eyes as I think of all the relatives that are no longer here that I have so many sweet memories of.  I'm sure they'll stop by over the holidays though!
Happy Trails!!! 
P.S.  What are you doing for the lead up to the big day?  What are your traditions?  Foods that you always fix?  Movies you watch or books you read?  I'm late this year but I think I will try and Blogmas from now until after the holidays.....just letting you know what I'm up to each day.  I love the Vlogmas's so why not a Blogmas?   Whatever you celebrate, I hope you are enjoying each moment!



11 comments:

  1. What a cute mug. I LOVE Reese's and Almond Joy; I'm a nut and chocolate kind of gal. I'm glad you are feeling better and in such a festive mood. I'm bringing mashed potatoes and a salad to my brother's. Our Ng ohana usually celebrates on Christmas Eve since my SIL has at least two family celebrations on her side and their crew has to go to. Last year we actually celebrated on Christmas since her family wasn't meeting up until later during the week. My brother's making Prime Rib! I'm excited and drooling already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just looking at prime rib in the shopping flyer today...I would love some but only if they have a small one....lol! Those are my 2 favorite candy bars too. It's so nice when you share the making of dishes then it's not all on one person. I always had to do it all....not in my next life! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Such a thoughtful daughter. I thought I was ahead of the game, but just realized I will have 3 jam packed days of "to do" before my family comes hete for Christmas on Saturday. Yay for hot water!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you having the whole family over...it's a lot of work...I remember! I hope you have help. Yes, the hot water is truly appreciated!

      Delete
  3. I can hear the happiness in your “voice” today. So glad you got your water problem fixed relatively easily. We had another 4 inches of snow last night, (when it was supposed to be rain). That makes 15 inches since Saturday. I would be happy to share some, or all, of it with you. Your package from your daughter looks very nice. The sweets are a nice extra. I see some of my favorites in there.
    I saw that London Fog drink on Little Bobbins podcast but hadn’t looked it up. Thank you for the recipe, I may have to try it with the colder weather we have coming. Single digits by Friday.
    I’m impressed with your blogging. It’s all I can do just to get one post a week out. I’ll look forward to your daily Blogmas.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to visit though and I haven't..shame on me....tomorrow is grocery shopping for the holidays...all of them as now they are predicting snow and ice for after Christmas....if you can stay home and not be out on the road the snow is nice but traveling can be nerve racking. I was so sad to hear of the train crash in your state....how awful especially since it could have been prevented.

      Delete
  4. I hope to bake more cookies (or make candy) today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to get over and see what you've been up to. I want to make those sea salt caramels!

      Delete
  5. Hi Sam :)) Oh those gifts are beautifully wrapped! And chocolates to boot, now that is a NICE touch!! :) I love those Reeses cups! I haven't had one in nearly 5 years now since Alex has a peanut allergy...but seeing that orange wrapper made me drool lol...glad you got everything out and mailed, now you can focus on YOU and your happy Christmas home! :)

    I love your Blogmas idea! :)) I am doing some quick last minute shopping for veggies this morning, quick and back home, I'm going to break the budget and hit the local grocer, who's prices are outrageous, but it beats the crowds in the larger town at this time of year that's for sure! I'll be blogging throughout the holidays about the food and fun! Tomorrow is Winter Solstice, which has special meaning for me, so I'll be making a Yule log cake! Now that is an afternoon project!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chocolates are sent to me for the same reason....Grayson has a peanut/nut allergy...really bad too so they sent the Halloween ones to me...lucky me!
      I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow although I did receive my standard supplies from Walmart online with free shipping but I still have to get fruit and veggies and perishables for the holidays. I will have to make sure I have plenty as they are now predicting ice and snow right after Christmas and here it is usually more ice so I don't go out.
      Thanks for reminding me of the solstice....yes Winter officially starts and isn't it also the shortest day of the year?
      My Mother made a yule log once with the mushrooms and everything....it was beautiful but quite a labor of love and she was not a kitchen whiz but more of a career woman. I have no idea what possessed her that year because she never even made Christmas cookies....ever. She also made petit fours once and she did a great job but again...not a clue why because she never baked. I can't wait to see yours.....that is quite the fete! You are the original Wonder Woman!

      Delete
  6. We have lots of snow and can send some your way! I am so glad we are at the turning point of the winter and the darkness.
    I am thrilled for you that your hot water heater repair was just an element! AND that you have hot water again:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!