Thursday, December 21, 2017

Blogmas Day 21 - The Winter Solstice edition!

 I could live in this photo!!!
How did you enjoy the shortest day of the year?  I tried to pack in as much as possible.  I was up before dawn and wrote out my Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day menus plus all the baking I want to do for gifting and eating.  I got my grocery list all made and went off to Wally World and were they ever packed today!  I went today because I don't want to go on the weekend plus it is supposed to rain tomorrow and Saturday and maybe Sunday.  I filled up my tank with gas and got everything on my list and didn't break the bank!  Yay!  I even got a few things that weren't on the list...I know....shame on me! LOL!  I got a Christmas mug and a Pioneer Woman Christmas dish that looks so old fashioned but unfortunately they are in the dishwasher being washed so I will have to show you tomorrow.  I did get these.......110 of them!  There were no smaller packages.....that's Walmart for you but I like these little ones for hot cocoa and sometimes for my coffee or tea. Plus, they're just the right size for hanging on my little tree.  I had to really look for the regular peppermint ones as they have every flavor under the rainbow now.
I also got some Clementines.....I always got an orange at Christmas and Santa always put one in my children's stockings too. 
This is for Christmas Eve along with some artichoke dip and triscuits and some shrimp cocktail and hot eggnog with rum...the girls love this too (the summer sausage not the rum)...........not too much for them but it is a treat they love and a little cheddar cheese too!  After all...it's Christmas!
For Christmas breakfast I am making French toast casserole that you put together the night before and let it sit in the frig overnight.  On Christmas Day I am making prime rib (I found a small one just for me) with a loaded baked potato and brussel sprouts which is my favorite vegetable of all I think.
For New Year's Eve I am making Zuppa Tuscana soup which is the copycat from Olive Garden if I'm not mistaken.  I've made it before and it is so good!  I'll make some crusty bread and that will last me through my birthday too.  So there is my holiday menu along with some Christmas Crack, Salted Caramels,  Santa Crunch, Christmas cookies and maybe some biscotti.  I think I was hungry when I made out the menu!  But like I said.....Christmas comes but once each year!
I hope you had a wonderful Winter Solstice and tonight I am going to curl up and watch all the Vlogmas's and do some knitting.  I hope you are doing whatever brings you joy!
Happy Trails!!!
P.S.  The girl that checked out my groceries....it was her birthday today!!!

5 comments:

  1. My goodness you are so organized. The only meals I have planned out are breakfasts and Christmas dinner. I know we’ll eat out a few times when Jamie and the kids are here because they don’t eat out very often and it’s become sort of a tradition for us to take them to a place that makes gluten-free pizzas. I’m looking forward to seeing what mug and Dan you chose from the Pioneer woman collection. Now, get some rest after your big day at Walmart!!
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I already planned New Year's Eve dinner too. One kiddo won't be here and Hubby made a request.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sam, I WANT to live in that photo lol...except without the neighbours too close! :) We basically feasted through the Solstice! Oh I got clementines too! Wait, maybe they are mandarins...in any case, they are small and orange lol...I'll be using them for a cheese plate (when we finally open the Cheddars! woo hoo!)...and to make an apple cider wassail drink on the 2nd. So much fun planned! I went to the Hillshire Farm website once and wanted EVERYTHING they sell...they have some nice stuff there!

    Your menu sounds amazing! I have pizza night for Christmas Eve (it's become a tradition), Chinese food for Christmas (new idea...I'm nervous lol), Raclette for New Year's Eve (that the melty cheese thingy with the Raclette machine we found at a bazaar in October) and for New Year's day a meatloaf with my special cheesy scalloped potatoes. Let's all gain weight together lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can we come over and eat with you? OMGosh, are you eating like a queen this holiday! I love how you bought a Prime Rib for yourself and will have a French Toast casserole ready for yourself. Yay for bargains! I love watching that digital math magic when there are awesome sales at like Old Navy or Michael's or Joann.
    Lady, you smoke me at productivity. My productivity meter is like one quarter full while you have several bars filled! I haul butt when I have to; it feels good and I feel relieved. I made an ornate tag today and am waiting for butter to come to room temp. Still trying to dry that cardigan which has been released from its pins and is right up next to the space heater; the bottom is wetter than the rest of the body and the backside needs to dry more also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and a very ゚・:*:・。(〃・ω・)ノ由☆*:;;;:*Merry X’mas*:;;;:*☆由ヽ(・ω・〃)。・:*:・゚ to you. XO!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!