Friday, August 26, 2016

Sympatica Sciatica and pizza and a movie!

I'm sorry I've been gone the last few days from blogging but my sciatic nerve "attacked" me.  Have you ever had problems with yours?  This is a first for me and I have taken more Tylenol in the last 4 days than I have in my entire life!  It's not a sharp pain but it's continual and you can't get comfortable....especially at night.  I hate taking pills but I have been popping the Tylenol just so I could function.   It started about 2 inches below my waist in the back and has traveled around my leg and I'm hoping by Monday (or sooner) it will have exited out my foot! LOL!    Presently the front of my leg is numb.  I hope this is just because I moved wrong and not a chronic problem.  Anyway, I pushed through it....my Tylenol and me.  This week was pretty much catch up since having company.
I finally got the laundry all done..sheets and towels and quilts and then did some ironing too......

 blouses and pillowcases mainly.
 I cleaned the frig and there are still a few "remnants" of their visit....like Gogurt and Capri Sun...I'll use them....it will be a new experience for me! LOL!
Today I made a batch of pasta sauce...my favorite general sauce using Mario Batali's recipe............
 So simple and so good!  I just print the recipes off and put them in a plastic sleeve and into my recipe "notebook".  So much easier than back in the day when we had to hand copy everything.
 My yarn order came today so I'm back in business!  I also have been working on my shawl and I cast on a new project beside that one!  I'll show it all on Sunday for the Year of Projects post.
 The leaves on my sugar maple are starting to turn color even though it was 97 yesterday!  Today we had storms and now the sun is out and so muggy!  Fall.....please come quickly!
  Tonight is pizza and a movie and the pizza is ready to go in the oven and the movie is cued up on Netflix.  I'll be watching Robin Hood,  Prince of Thieves (1991) starring Kevin Costner.  I want to watch it because my next Bakery Bears podcast they will be visiting the places in England where it was filmed!  That's my excitement for this week!  I hope you have fun this weekend and any movie recommendations are appreciated!  Happy Trails!

14 comments:

  1. I watched St Vincent this week it is on Netflix you will like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have chronic sciatica. It is the pits! Hope you are better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awful! I keep thinking it will go away but it's been a week. How do you cope with it?

      Delete
  3. :O( I'm sorry you're in pain Sandra. I hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of that...must be so painful. The sauce sure looks good and is so nice to have for many meals. Do you ever buy the fresh Buitoni Ravioli pasta? We freeze it in packets and use with sauce that we've frozen too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to up North but I haven't seen it down here. Great idea though! I'll look in the freezer section. Being this close to Texas they're bigger on Mexican food not much Italian.

      Delete
  5. Yes! I twisted my foot while tilling one year, and ended up with a huge sciatica problem. My Mom gave me printed exercises to do to help ease the pain. I had to buy inserts for my shoes too. So far, I've been pain free now. I hope to have a restful night tonight, and pizza sounds good too. I may visit Redbox today for a movie. We've been watching Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to research exercises. My son gave me one but it didn't help. I thought it was getting better but actually it's worse this morning. I did something taking the clothes basket outside, I think. I was wrangling the basket , the steps and the storm door.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had sciatica a few times and I feel for you my friend. It is so painful and limiting. My leg actually will go out from under me and that is really inconvenient if you're in public somewhere! You've still managed to get a lot done, even while in pain. I do the same thing with my recipes now. My knitting/crochet patterns too. 3-ring binders are my friend! I hope you are soon pain free and able to do all of the thing you want to.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sciatica is the worst. You are right, you cannot get comfy no matter what. Hopefully yours will go away soon. I too have a binder for my recipes and several for my patterns. As for movies......we just watched Miracles from heaven and it was wonderful and a tear jerker too. Also, War Room, was a winner in our books. Want a good dog movie? Marley and Me, but you willneed tissues for that one too. So many movies and so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have had sciatica before and visited my chiropractor for it. I hope you can just work it out yourself though. I remember the Robin Hood movie with Costner and loved it at the time. If you want a big laugh (maybe not with your pain) watch one of the Jonny English movies. They are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear you have been in pain. I hope it doesn't act up again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!