Sunday, July 15, 2012

YOP Sunday update...............

Yes....it's time to update you on my YOP's!  I was so excited until I logged on and saw how many people had already finished a project.  Whoa Nellie!  I wonder if I'll ever get that speedy?  Probably not.....but it 's not the destination but the journey and so far I am loving the journey!  Here is my first project which I have gone from 5% done to 33% done.  It is my crocheted granny stripe table runner.  I love this pattern and it is such an enjoyable project to work on.
I also got my dish towel/cloth yarn in the  mail this week so I have something on my needles now!  It's not much that's for sure but it's a start.  It was a very slow start too!  I cast on 3 times and knit the first row before the count was the 56 stitches I needed.  Did I tell you I am a novice.  I am hoping these projects will award me with some knitting "mojo" as I love it but it does frustrate me more than crochet at this stage.  But I am determined to become a better knitter.  I'm after improving my skills in all areas this year.  So, if anyone has tips or techniques that will help....bring 'em on!  Thanks to all who are so sharing and giving of their wisdom in this group and on Ravelry.  I truly appreciate it!
I would love to just sit and knit today but I went grocery shopping and I'm also in the process of canning and freezing things so I am trying to stay hydrated by drinking this.........LOL!  This stuff is SO GOOD and refreshing and it's only $1.00 at Wal-Mart....I bought 2 and it's good until August 30th.
  So, no matter what you're doing stay hydrated and for all you fiber fanatics.....carry on!  Have a great YOP week friends!

16 comments:

  1. Love our table runner...it's so bright and cheery...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors on the table runner...so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the novice knitting. I keep trying to force myself to become a better knitter...hopefully this year goes much better since I picked smaller knitting projects that have a chance at keeping my attention like crocheting does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yup, I'm a novice knitter and yup, the colors on the table runner are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep up with the knitting, it will come as naturally as crochet does, sooner than you think as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the granny stripe. So bright and cheery. And so easy to whip up. Knitting and I did not get along. I tried twice and said to heck with it. Good luck! Cherry Limeade sounds good. I usually only drink Orange Pineapple if I want something different, mostly just water -- and believe me, with the heat we are having (about 125 yesterday) we need lots and lots of water. Have a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the colours in your table runner and I think 5% to 33% is great progress, it is all about the journey. Keep with the knitting, it will come easier I am a knitter and below basic crocheter, I need to dedicate more time to it and I'm sure I'll become better so I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The runner is beautiful! I've been knitting for 18 months but I feel much more of a novice at crochet - mostly because I find it easier to read knitting patterns than crochet patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful granny stripes runner :) That's such a nice pattern to work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the granny stripes! Don't worry about what you get done or how quickly - it's not a race! Or, in Olympic terms, there aren't any medals, just personal bests!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to use that granny square patter and make a blanket. Can you share? I'm assuming it's pretty easy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh I love your runner - so colourful!

    I too was a bit scared when I saw people had finishes already - I have one finish but it was WIP so doesn't really count!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your runner is looking great! The colours are so cheery! I love stripes, can't be beaten!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your runner is looking great! The colours are so cheery! I love stripes, can't be beaten!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Waving hello...though I've been here before wanted to say how much I love your blog background. Beautiful tulips. AND...I'm your newest follower. That's always cool. LOVE the bright colors in your table runner, so cheery. I'm into color big time. Finally I feel like I can say I'm not a newbie anymore with knitting, though like you feel more confident in my crocheting. I too have worked and continue to do so to improve my knitting skill.

    The first tip I might offer is to stay away from cotton as a newbie. It's true the little washcloths are cute, fun colors, and the projects move along quickly. But, the negative is cotton is not the least bit forgiving or stretchy and it's much harder to work with then other fibers. Being hard on your hands as well, makes it a tough item for newbies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the table runner, it's so bright and cheerful. And persevere with the knitting. I still get the number I've cast on wrong sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!