Monday, July 9, 2012

Off on a tangent again..............

Well....the girls got their treats this morning and although I don't have a picture (they snarfed them down too fast!) they did like them...a lot!

My neighbor came over today and brought me a thank you card with a lovely note inside thanking me for watering their plants and bringing in the mail.  

 
They also brought me a jar of homemade Gooseberry jam from Rogers, Arkansas.  I was just talking with one of my blogging friends as she had blogged about gooseberries.  I love gooseberries and had them on my little farm so this is very much appreciated! 
They also brought me a $50.00 Walmart gift card which I will be returning!  I couldn't believe they did that!  But it certainly warmed my heart but I cannot accept it.  It's just part of being a good neighbor and that's what I will tell them when I return it.  The jam and card I'll keep!  YUMMY!

I spent a good portion of the day shopping for yarns and supplies online to work on my Ravelry YOP's (year of projects) and I found out I am supposed to post my progress on Sundays on my blog but obviously....I didn't!  I'll be ready next week though.  I went to order something by phone and lo and behold I had no phone service!  I had to go out and check the box outside and hook up a land line to it to determine whether it was the inside wiring or the outside.  It was the phone companies line so at least I'm off the hook financially.  I entered a trouble ticket over the internet and they said they will get to it within 1 day.  I guess I should have a cell phone after all!  
I hope everyone was more productive than I was today!

3 comments:

  1. What nice neighbors you have. They sure were appreciative of your efforts, but the jam and card would be more than enough as a thank you. I can see how you would feel a little uncomfortable accepting the gift card. Glad the doggies like their treats. Our phone died many years ago. The Ministry of Communication said it was a problem from our side. The electrician said it was a problem from the Ministry side. No one could agree. No one could or would fix it so my husband cancelled the service. We've only had our cellphones since, which I don't really like. I hate talking on my cellphone -- heck, I don't even know I have it half the time and that makes my friends mad since they all use iPhones, apps for chatting and do Facebook, etc. Just not my style. :) Have a great day! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I retired, I retired my super smart phone and got a cell from tracfone which is very reasonable and works fine. I have it with me when I'm traveling in case I need to contact AAA and my daughter likes to be able to text me. I also got magicjack plus for my landline. you buy the jack and then pay an annual fee for unlimited local and long distance calls within the US. You can get a 5 year plan for $99 so it sure beats monthly fees for service. You just plug the jack into a power outlet and then use the rj45 cable to connect to your wireless router and the phone plugs into that. So anyway, being a good neighbor feels good. How nice of them to bring you gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How kind of your neighbours but I know what you mean, I would give it back to. It's always good to help you never know when you might need a helping hand.
    Shopping for yarn bliss.
    I went to look for the Ravelry group you mentioned but could not find it, is it called Craft along?
    best wishes Julie.C

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!