Monday, January 9, 2012

Woe is me.............

Here's the book I've been reading that inspired this post.  It said to gather up your cleaning items in a bucket with a handle and that way they were ready to go with you wherever you wanted to clean!  Brilliant, I thought! 
This is the bucket she showed in the book all full of these delightful cleaning items from Caldrea.  I really liked the idea and the bucket...especially since it's yellow and don't I need new cleaning supplies????  So, I mozzie on over to the Caldrea website and for $75.00 I can have it ALL!!!  Bucket included not counting S&H.  AHHHH!!!!!  My dreams dashed...I sit there for a moment and wonder how I could possibly replicate "the cleaning bucket".  Whoa!  Wait a minute...I have a yellow porcelain bucket in my bathroom being used as a wastebasket!  So, I empty it, clean it and fill it with MY cleaning supplies!  Brilliant, I tell you!  Brilliant!
Ok...it's not new and maybe not quite as "pretty" as the Caldrea one with it's "newness" and fresh supplies but I didn't spend $75.00 and change either!

Here's what it looks like.....microfiber cleaning cloths folded in the bottom and my supplies surrounding it.  There's room for more if I think of something else too.  I did not include bathroom cleaning supplies as those are in each bathroom at the ready and those are supplies that are only used in the bathroom so why bother toting those around was my thinking.
Caldrea and Mrs. Meyers are run/owned by the same people, I think. so I even got close as to supplies since I do LOVE Mrs. Meyer's products www.mrsmeyers.com   BTW...she's having  a sale on Holiday items as we speak so stop on over to her website!  Great smells, great cleaning, and all natural!  As you will notice I have used some of the bottles for my own cleaning supplies that I make up myself.  I got the recipes from Mary Jane's Farm chat room where there is SO MUCH great information about everything!
These are leftovers from a by-gone era and as soon as they are used up I will be replacing them with something less "chemical" and more natural.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!  Oh!!!!  Silly me....I forgot to include my newest and most favoritest (tee hee) product! 
It's the Pledge Multi-surface duster which is similar to a Swiffer but softer and 360 degrees around so you can dust the most delicate of objects without even picking it up if you don't want to!  I forgot to include the handle but there are the refills in the bag in the picture.  I also found a few other things to put in the bucket....my Sonic Scrubber which is great since I have RA and my "elbow grease" just isn't what it used to be, an old veggie brush I use to get dust out of corners and next to moldings where it's carpeted and the denture brush which is really good in the carpeted corners. 
 Okay...I guess that's enough for today,  it's almost 3:30 and I'm not sure the cleaning is going to get done today....maybe tomorrow!   I avoided that one didn't I!?! LOL!  I hope you accomplished more than me today!   But I'm all set for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!