Thursday, September 2, 2010

Guess what I've been doing.....

Yep!  You guessed it.....I've been cleaning my closet.  I removed all of the out of season clothes and look how much room I have!  I dusted the walls and corners and washed the shelves and rods.
I dusted the molding and brushed the edges of the carpet where the vacuum never seems to reach and then I shampooed the carpeting.  I have 2 laundry baskets in there for dirty clothes...one for lights and one for darks but I'd like to find a better solution since they take up quite a bit of floor space.  Any ideas anyone?  I have some baskets..tall, reed baskets that I might make some liners for and there's a McCalls sewing pattern #2784 that has hanger covers.  Am I getting carried away?  After all...it's just a closet plus there are other areas of my house that need attention....maybe a back burner project.  I can get SO anal sometimes!
OK....I went to the Dollar store and got containers for my shoes as they WERE all over the floor in the closet and get dusty and again take up precious floor space.  So, I am going to polish/clean them and put them into the smaller containers and the bigger ones are for boots.
While I was at the Dollar store I saw these cute kitchen towels and washrags in "harvest" colors!  These are the colors I want my kitchen to be eventually but right now I need towels badly so I grabbed them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!