Friday, April 26, 2019

Maniacal over Stitch Maynia!

If you're not familiar with Stitch Maynia and the flosstube podcasts on You Tube, each year starting on the 1st of May, cross stitchers all over the world start new projects throughout the month.   They then work on those projects throughout the year. I have seen myself accomplish more by working on several projects as opposed to just one because it keeps you from becoming bored with the same project all the time.   This is so much fun and I was able to work around my inability to purchase 31 projects and supporting materials all at once!  I am doing 31 projects in May, some people do 19 for the year 2019, some work on WIPs.  It's up to you how much you want to participate, if at all.  Last year I didn't participate because I was just getting back into cross stitch but I watched the You Tube Maynia 'starts' on floss tube and I was inspired !  So this year I am going for it! 
First, I organized all my floss as I had purchased a few boxes at garage sales filled with floss............
 Now it is all organized and floss from finished projects is back in the containers and in numercial order!  Ready, set, go! 
The floss below is from sales and it is either Coats or unlabeled neither of which I will put in with my others but I may use when I substitute colors.
There are also some full skeins which need to be put on cards and that will be a good t.v. watching  project.
Stitch Maynia for cross stitchers starts May 1st and you can really do as many or as few projects as  you want but of course I am following some of the great ones and starting a new project each day of May.  Then the object is to rotate them and finish throughout the year until May 1st 2020 when you do it all over again! LOL!    I am choosing small projects this year as not only do they work up faster but they utilize less material.   I do not have a bunch of money to be laying out for a years worth of cross stitch projects.  I spent a lot of time searching the internet and I was able to gather up over 31 designs for free from various cross stitch designers!  Now I just need some more material and kit them up!  I am truly excited about this!  
Are any of you out there cross stitchers?  Are you joining in for Stitch Maynia 2019?  This and the YOP  group on Ravelry have me planning like a fool!   I'll keep you informed and come May 1st there will be posts each day with my new start for that day!  
Meanwhile, as I was running around gathering and organizing my cross stitch, Miss Peeps left this on my desk chair............this is one of her 'babies'...she will leave it on my chair...I think she wants me to babysit...lol!
she has 2 babies.....this is her other one and it is on another chair........or it could be that they were fighting and she had to separate them..........that girl is too funny!
That's all the excitement for now.  I've been to the vets, the pharmacy and Walmart and filled the car with gas.  Now, I need to cut up a melon, make some bread and wash rugs and get them hung outside.  No rain today.....beautiful and sunny!
Happy Trails!!!

10 comments:

  1. I do have a cross stitch I began last winter. Maybe I'll get it out and work on it again. Otherwise it will be knitting Christmas stockings for the V.A. and maybe a baby blanket or two.
    We're driving across Oregon, heading home from vacation and it will be back to the "real" world for the two of us after a lovely time of visiting fellow bloggers, whale watching from our room and just relaxing. WIshing you a good night my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam! This post is so timely for me! I'll write more in my YOP post on Sunday, but I'll answer your question here. YES! I plan to start some cross stitch projects, and like you I'm going with smalls. I had no knowledge of Stitch Mania, but I will enjoy looking up some podcasters (maybe you'll even link to some?) during the next month. ;^) Peeps' babies... Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sam, If there is some pattern you are looking for I have a file cabinet full of patterns. Let me know what you are looking for! I still have the crud and am real tired. Far Guy is home from the hospital this afternoon, we both need rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to be so motivated! I haven't done cross stitch in years but I used to love it. These days I'm so tuckered out at the end of the day that I just want to sit still and enjoy doing nothing. Pathetic! (I know LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do cross stitch, but haven't in a while. I do more embroidery I think. I'm approaching gardening season, so I won't get much free time. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i got hpv from my boyfriend  and i was trying all i could do to get rid of this virus over 4 months now i have taking a lot of drugs from different medical doctor which didn't work at all, last month i was doing some research on google on how to get cured totally from this virus i found someone testimony on how she got cured totally from hpv with the help of doc. onokun  natural herbs and she drop doc onokun email address, So i decide to give him a try and i contact him for help he told how to purchase the natural herbs and i did that, Do you believe i only took this herbs for 2 weeks and i got cured permanently without no side effect. Thank you so much doc onokun for the help i will make sure i tell the whole world about you. contact him if you need his help too  via: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.

    BBQ cleaning Sydney
    End of lease cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  8. This shared so much great information that really helped me. This is an exciting and fun to read at the same time, can't wait to share this with you. Electrician Mt Druitt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sydney's Rapid Oven Cleaning - your solution to oven cleaning hassles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!