Thursday, January 17, 2019

Rabbit holes!!!

I worked around here today but not too hard as I have to go to the eye doctor tomorrow and it will be an all day trip there and back plus they will dilate my eyes.  I'll be tuckered!
But I did rustle up some 'stuff' and found some outfits I'm getting rid of but thought I would show you first..........this is the outfit I wore to my daughter's wedding with that 'killer' hat I showed you! LOL!
 I never ever wore the slacks..........such a shame...but I got sick...in fact I was sick at the time of her wedding.....thyroid storm and then radiation to kill off my thyroid.....after they were done with me I was 'fat and sassy' but could no longer fit into any of my clothes............plus I was taking steroids for the RA.....I started looking more like the incredible bulk!
 This was the blouse........
 and the skirt to match...oh, how I loved that outfit and I only got to wear it once....oh well, maybe some one will be as thrilled with it as I was.............
Now, take a look at this happy, happy rain coat that I LOVED..........

See the polka dots on the inside?  It was totally reversible!!!  Oh what joy that coat gave me!
So, they're all bagged up and I will take them next week.  I also ran across my briefcase.....Italian leather....so gorgeous but what do I need with a briefcase?  A yarn basket is more my style now a days! LOL!  I am truly feeling so good and it is energizing!  I can't wait for the next Konmari chapter...starting Monday!  Meanwhile I caught up on a few things.  I vacuumed, scrubbed some 'pet spots', washed Annies bed and blanket.  I was going to wash Nitty's but she was using it.  I also used those Unstoppables...........I have been curious and although they are probably all chemicals...if I like it I will order the Method brand version which is safe for the environment and us too.  I love me some good smells! I am going to be getting some supplies from The Grove Collaborative which are all about non-chemical cleaning etc.
The other rabbit holes I went down today were a blog from a pod caster I truly admire....Lisa from Farmhouse on Boone.  That girl is something else.....she knows how to do everything and I'm sure she comes from pioneer stock!  She has a blog too with recipes, tutorials and you name it she does it! I got a free ebook from her...........

  plus she directed me to a sourdough starter site..........when I was a young stay-at-home Mom I used starter all the time but now I'm so old I have to relearn everything all over again.....but I'm having so much fun...it's like going back to that joyful time of my life when my kids were little...............
She also has a tutorial on how to make sauerkraut and you don't need one of those huge crocks...you can do it in a mason jar.  I have wanted to do that for years!  I can't wait to try it and so much more!
This was another rabbit hole site I ran across.....and then there's this Hash recipe that Lisa makes....I could go on and on!  I want to stay home and play tomorrow! LOL! How was your day....any more rabbit holes I should know about?
Happy Trails!!!



5 comments:

  1. I used to make my sauerkraut in a mason jar, but have a fermenter now. I should get some made soon too. Happy decluttering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post sounds so happy. You sound almost bubbly as you tell us about all of these new things that you have found. You are so much better about getting rid of clothes that you’ll never wear again. I’m giving myself six months to have a good faith weight loss and allow me to keep some of those clothes. If I don’t lose weight, they have to go! I’m going to have to check out that new podcaster. Thanks for the hint. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sam :) I use Method soap, I love the Sweet Water fragrance! The raincoat is adorable. I think it's nice that you posted the memories associated with your clothes before you let them go! Oh that's so funny...I got rid of my leather briefcase in 2010...7 years after I burned out and stopped working! I replaced it with a backpack lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me feel so guilty...I need to work on my closets! I put most of Christmas away today...still a bit more to put away. Hope you did okay at the eye dr, they have a new thing at the eye dr here optomap i think they call it it is 35 $ and you don't have to get your eyes dialated. I hate it when they do that I cannot see a thing and just want to go home and sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an inspiring post! And what a cute raincoat that is! And your red suit - pretty! And you got rid of your Italian leather briefcase?!? LOL Can you tell I have trouble getting rid of. I'm enjoying your Konmari posts, Sam. I'm really looking forward to the book culling. I started - I think it was in November. But something happened and I didn't make much headway. Okay... going now to check out Farmhouse on Boone! You've never led me astray yet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!