- 2 cups barley flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients and about 3 tablespoons water to form a dough. Roll out mixture between two sheets of plastic wrap to 1/4-inch thick; remove plastic wrap and cut out biscuits with a 3 1/2-inch bone-shaped cookie cutter. Reroll scraps and continue cutting out biscuits.
- Space biscuits 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes until nicely browned and firm.
- Transfer biscuits to a wire rack. Turn off oven and place biscuits on wire rack in oven overnight. Remove from oven and store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
I owe an apology to one of my dearest blogging friends....Betsy from the Simple Life of a Queen (she's on my sidebar)......in my little mind I thought I had posted about her gift to me and yet in reality I hadn't. Do you ever do that? Think about something and your mind checks it off your mental list as if you really did it? I am so sorry Betsy and all of you will understand why when I show you the most generous gift she sent to me...........little balls of sock yarn for making a Cozy Memories blanket which is all over the knitting podcasts and Ravelry. I had mentioned I wanted to start one but didn't have much sock yarn since I haven't made that many socks and Betsy picked right up on it and sent me all those pretty yarns! Thank you, Betsy......you are a Queen!
The magnolia trees are blooming and they are HUGE blooms some are more than 6 inches across.......they have a strong scent and one flower will perfume an entire room!
I'm on the gusset of my 2nd sock and I'm joining some sock KAL's that are on Ravelry. There are several where you can win prizes. Bakery Bears, Fawn Knits, Knit Girls, Grocery Girls and Pinfeathers and Purls just in case you're interested.
I also received a treasure in the mail that I had ordered and it did not disappoint!