Thursday, June 2, 2016

My baby is a year old!

Here she was when I heard her "mewing" outside my window a year ago in May..............
 it took a long time before she would trust me and I finally got her into the house.....she had the biggest blue eyes............
she stayed on the porch away from the other animals in "quaranteen" until she was old enough to have her shots..........she was only about 4 weeks in the first picture......
 These are pictures I took through the glass door unto the porch and once she had a steady supply of food and water she had some energy and was a blur!

 she would fall asleep on the rocker on the porch after she exhausted herself from playing.....
 or wherever she "crashed"...legs stretched out for all that growing she was doing...........
 After she had all her shots she got to come into the house for good.............and her eyes were now green.  The reason I was able to get such good pictures of her was she watched me everywhere I went and still does.  I think she bonded with me as her Mom big time!
 To this day if I take a bath when I come out she is right there waiting for me....she will even call me when she wakes up from a nap and I tell her where I am and she comes running......she wants to make sure I'm still there I guess...............

We've had our trials and they're not over yet.  She likes tipping over garbages and then getting into them, there's not anything she can't jump to or climb up and I have finally put both cats on the porch at night so I can sleep!  But she's part of our family now and like it or not we're all stuck with each other! LOL!
Here she is with her big sister, Grace.............Happy Birthday Miss Peeps!  We love you!

Happy Trails!










9 comments:

  1. What a cutie! Some of the best kitties, are the ones that choose you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila! I always think about you whenever I hear weather reports about upper NY! Miss Peeps is still a kitten in many ways....and she seems to run the show around here. She's not afraid of anything or anyone. She has quite the spirit considering her beginnings! LOL! So good to hear from you and I love your cowl...did you make it?

      Delete
    2. Weather here in western NY has been kind of nice for the last few weeks. They are calling for rain tomorrow and Monday. Then we will cool down for a while. Yes, I did make my cowl. I'm just a beginner, so love simple patterns. We were adopted by a neighborhood stray last fall. He has become quite the character and like Miss Peeps runs the house. Our Gracie is still trying to get used to him. Have a great rest of the weekend!

      Delete
  2. Oh my! Has it been a year already? I remember reading about those first days. Found kitties are absolutely the best in my experience. Happy Birthday to Miss Peeps!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could hardly believe it myself. I had it in my head that it was Fall when I found her until FB notified me about what was going on a year ago...thank goodness people are watching me! LOL! I need a "keeper" I think...like at the zoo.

      Delete
  3. I can see why you fell in love with her. They are both very sweet and such good company. Enjoy your day sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane, I have to catch up again...I don't know how I get so behind...in everything? I have great intentions but evidently too many irons in the fire! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday to Miss Peeps. How bonded she must be to you since you've taken her in. What a journey she's had so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Miss Peeps! She will probably always be a bit different not having a cat Mom...you are a good substitute but don't catch mice with your teeth:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!