Saturday, August 30, 2014

Saturday Smiles...........

I love dragonflies and it seems every time I go out this one is flying around me but it's probably not the same one as I don't think they live very long.

This flower just appeared in my flower bed a few years ago and I have no idea what it is....do you know Connie?  It's lovely and it has spires almost like a foxglove before it blooms yet the flowers look like lady slippers or snap dragons.
 There was a hummer humming around me and going to the flower until I looked closer and saw a moth/butterfly but it really "hummed" and it was the noise it was making that had me notice it.
My daughter said it could be a sphinx moth?  Does anyone recognize it?
The mums are starting to bloom.......YES!  Fall!  Football started today and I am SO READY for Fall!
Happy Trails!  I hope you're having a great Saturday!









4 comments:

  1. Oh my! this is so unbelievable! I have a post scheduled for tomorrow with one of those moths...I'm calling it a hummingbird moth but it's also called a sphinx moth. How crazy is that? I only got one good photo but I hope you can look at it and tell if it looks like the one you saw. Enjoy your evening my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a. beautiful post. You have a gift for photography.
    The dragonfly is amazing.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a terrific macro shot of the dragonfly. I don't really see them around here in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you moth is a Hummingbird Moth. Your plant is called an Obedient Plant because you can move the individual little flowers around on the stem..try it! It's scientific name is Physostegia virginiana. If you use a nylon to hold the stuffing then the white won't show.
    You have been busy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!