Friday, June 8, 2012

Rhubarb Bread and a gift in the mail! Woo Hoo!

I made a couple loaves of rhubarb bread and took one to the neighbor.  I wanted to make rhubarb jam but I think I may have to wait until some more grows! LOL!  Here's the recipe if you're so inclined.  You can use frozen rhubarb if you don't have fresh and you don't even have to thaw it out!

RHUBARB BREAD:
Mix in order:
1 1/2 C brown sugar
2/3 C oil
1 egg
1 C sour milk (you can make sour  milk by putting 1 T of white vinegar or lemon juice into a 1 C measuring cup and adding enough milk to make 1 C then let it sit for 15 minutes)
Sift together:
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 C flour
Add the sifted flour to the above mixture and then add (mixing in between):
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 C chopped rhubarb
1/2 C chopped nuts
TOPPING: (this goes on BEFORE you bake it):
mix together until crumbly
1/2 C white sugar
1 Tbs soft butter
Sprinkle the topping evenly over the loaves before baking
Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes in 2 greased loaf pans or 3 small loaf pans

I got a package in the mail yesterday that I've been expecting as you see I won a drawing over at Michael's
Inspired By Charm  Oh, I do love his blog!  I loved it even before I won the drawing....honest!
   I opened it to discover this...........


which I opened to discover this............

which I opened to discover THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't it beautiful?????????????  I'm not a big jewelry person but I do adore this!!!!!!!!  This is my type of jewelry for sure!  I'd never heard of Troll Beads...I know, I must live under a rock but I fell in love the minute I saw it!  I can LOVE this type of jewelry and you can add beads to it.  I think I will every year on my birthday.  Although I love the simplicity of it as is.  I've already visited their website looking at all the different beads you can get.  Take a look at Troll Beads.

Thank you Michael SO MUCH for having your amazing drawing and to Troll Beads for making such beautiful jewelry!  I am so blessed to be the recipient!  I hope you're all having an AMAZING Friday too!  I get a gift every time some one leaves a comment here.  Thank you all! 

4 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! I'm not much for jewelry either. But I do like this.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful and it is not too fussy so you can wear it with jeans or whatever. Yummy bread. I am coming over for a slice with coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you! I love jewelry. Big chunky pieces and layering items. There's lots of add a bead ideas out there, many over the years. I've heard of Pandora but not troll beads. Your bracelet is lovely. No rhubarb to be found in this country. I think I might have tried it a long, long, long time ago -- but haven't had opportunity to ever try it again. I'm sure your rhubarb bread is great. I've got bananas that need to be used up so guess I will be making more banana coconut bread. Everyone around here loves it. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Double WoW!

    Delicious looking bread, and a gorgeous bracelet!!

    Congratulations on winning, and thanks for posting the link... I'm going over to that site to check it out.

    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    Your friend...
    Kerin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!