Thursday, May 7, 2009

Finally finished my quilt!


Well, not completely....the top is done but I need to seam the backing material and take it to Jamie (my friend with the quilt shop) to quilt.....it may be awhile though.....she has a lot of quilts there on hangars! The tulip block was the last one and I used a blanket stitch on my machine. You really shouldn't experiment like that on a quilt....I would suggest you play with it on a scrap piece first but I did learn a few tricks although I probably wouldn't use that stitch again...I think I could have done it by hand faster! LOL!

1 comment:

  1. It looks wonderful, I too am working on a quilt, it is the first real quilt I have done, however, it is a wallhanging. A large one will come later. Keep up the good work. I love that stitch, I was thinking about trying it on my machine some time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!