Monday, May 11, 2020

Stitch Maynia Day # 11

I had a great Mother's Day meal yesterday.  I found this recipe for bratwurst and
caramelized onions....delicious!

and then I made this recipe 
 for Emily's English Roasted Potatoes.............divine!!!  I probably should have used their pictures instead of mine but this way you know I cooked it! LOL!  These potatoes are the best I have ever made or tasted......crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside.....I could have made a meal out of the potatoes alone and I did have 2 helpings of everything it was all so good.  Oh, I did have Aunt Nellies Pickled Beets too....good but I do prefer the Amish beets when I can get them  They're more like my Aunt Edna used to make.  It was a meal to remember that's for sure!

 I got 2 Mother's Day cards in the mail today!  One from Sam and Grayson..........
The inside made me tear up...............it unfolds into a big Snoopy hug!  I actually felt like I'd been hugged.  They are the sweetest boys! 

The other card was from my daughter and this one cracked me up.......

I had a good laugh with that one and I hope you did too.  My daughter and I love to laugh.  Great card Amy!  Thank you to you and the boys for making my day after Mother's Day very special! LOL!  (Just kidding, they called me yesterday and almost every day).

  For Stitch Maynia Day #11 it is a free pattern from The Real Housewives of Cross Stitch for the Covid quarantines and/or self-isolation.........another one I might actually be able to finish before next years Stitch Maynia!
I had a really great day today!  I heard a truck outside and when I went to look the city was picking up my pile of brush that I was going to burn.  I was so happy!  We have a new mayor and I like him already.  It used to be you had to call the city, they would come out and based on how much brush you had would call you back with a price and you had to go to City Hall and pay it before they would come and pick it up.  It wasn't cheap either...at least $20 or $30 for a small pile.  I was going to burn it but I really don't like to burn as I don't have a hose that will reach that far.  I did a happy dance when they picked it all up for me!!!  FREE!!!  Then when I went out to mow they were repairing the street which has been in disrepair for years!  I like this new mayor whoever he is! LOL!  It was cloudy and only about 57 degrees F but great for working outside.  I checked the weather and it was like a 20% chance of rain but 90% in the evening.  I just finished mowing and went inside and it started raining and that was about lunchtime!  Am I lucky or what?  I was definitely blessed today!
I mailed a bill, picked up a prescription and that should about do it for a great Monday!  I hope you had a good one too!
Happy Trails!!!  




 

9 comments:

  1. How nice to get the free pick up and a street repair. Makes you feel like there are good people in this world. Glad you got the yard work done before the rain came. Your dinner from last night, looks very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mother's day meal looks like it would be a favorite for me! Glad you had a great Mother's Day and a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your timing is impecible! I would have gotten caught in the rain for sure! Nice that your pick up was free and hassle free too. We have a lot of roads around here that could use fixing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your happiness really comes through your posts, Sam. I'm glad you've had such a good day, and good start to your week. The brats and onions look amazing. I'm wondering if we have some of those in our freezer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dinner looks wonderful and I chuckled at your cards. My card from Piper and Mandy made me tear up too. Goodness, I miss them. I'm glad that the city is getting things done for you, especially the pile of brush that was picked up. I would worry about burning too. The wildfires out her have done that to me.
    I hope you have a great day tomorrow Sam.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dinner looks good! I like the looks of the cross stitch on dark fabric! Hope you are having a good day...cute cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy Mother's day dinner!
    Oh, I do love potatoes...I'll have to give this version a try!

    Have a lovely rest of your week.
    ~K.

    p.s. that card cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My hubby made my mother's day supper on Monday too. Roast beef and yorkshire pudding and all the trimmings including gravy. And all gluten free! Yay for your mayor. He sounds like a keeper for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was a HIV-AIDS patient and I got it from cheating on my wife. It was sort of a payback but a week later I was told by a friend that the person who I cheated with had the HIV-AIDS virus and did not tell me. I was so stupid by not using a condom I thought since he was an old school friend he was trustworthy. But I was wrong. I cried and cried. Two days later, I got a phone call from my friend and he told me about a person who is known by another friend, who can help me. I could not let my wife know what I was going through. I finally got his email address: oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com and I emailed this man my story and he replied me immediately saying i should be calm and told me that everything will be OK. I could not come to terms with what I was hearing but then I concluded it did not matter because I was so broken I just needed help. I was going out of my mind literally. I was confused with what he was telling me, but I listened. He told me about some materials i need to buy that he needed to cast the spell and I said OK. I bought the materials to him, I sent down my picture to him and my positive result sheet and he replied me that i am going to be negative under 3days. I message Him every 2hours for 2day and I knew he thought that I was crazy but I did care I needed a shoulder. Behold, the third day he messaged me i should go for a test that i will be negative. My marriage could be broken because of a stupid mistake and my life was on the line. I remembered when I was going to get the results of my re-test I called him up again and told him that I was going to get my results today and his reply was “so" and that everything will be as he explained. I knew then that he was getting tired of me calling him, maybe I was wrong. Well I got my results and the first person I called was him - again. As he said hello I started to cry and cry. I could not believe it. I was given a second chance in life.This man is a great spiritual HIV/AIDS healer, his healing spell on aids healing is very powerful .please brothers and sister, contact Dr Ose oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com
    whatsapp +2348136482342

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!