Sunday, April 19, 2020

YOP Week #42

I have a finish!  My crocheted scarf/cowl.............
I love it although I can't wear it now but I will next winter!  I love the yarn the style and the color...so soft and squishy!  But it did hurt my hands so no more bulky yarn for me unless I have some in my stash to finish.  This was super bulky I think.  So, now that I finished this 'new'  project, I have to pick a crochet WIP and I chose this one............
the only problem is it calls for a 4.5 or size 7 hook which I don't have so I used either a G or an H  hook but I didn't write it down so I will have to use one and see how it sizes up with the squares I had done already..........
I only have 4 squares done and I don't know how big I'll be making it.  I'm using Stylecraft DK as I have lots of it in different colors.   Now, I can't do any other crochet until this is done!  Unless an emergency crochet situation arises but I doubt that will happen! LOL!
As for knitting, I am getting close to finishing my Miss Marple shawl/scarf and hope to have a finish next week........
Since this was a new knitting project, the next will have to be a WIP.
In the cross stitch category, I am still working on the COVID-19 remembrance piece.........
I am also prepping for Stitch Maynia 2020 and I have my first piece picked out and I have the pattern.
Beth Twist of Heartstring Samplery designed 4 cross stitch patterns each with a different theme; justice, faith, hope, and another one I can't remember at the moment.   They cost $12 each but $10 from each sale goes to a different charity.  This one, Justice, goes to an organization that fights human trafficking.    Eventually, I want to do all of them.
 
As for sewing; the ironing board cover was new so now to a WIP.  I thought this would be a crochet WIP but the crochet is all done and all that is left is the sewing so it is my sewing WIP!  I'm sure you remember this one............it's been around for a while but not for much longer! 
This was supposed to be my daughter's birthday present several years ago!  Well, she will be getting it this year for sure God willing!  These are the 4 sides of the basket
 This is the bottom of the basket
The bottom is the only part I have lined so far.  My daughter loves Frida Kahlo as an artist and the basket was named after her.  Then I was able to find Frida Kahlo fabric!  
 I have to line the sides, sew together and then I just realized I do need to crochet the handles but that shouldn't take too long.  
My craft room is coming along and it has motivated me to finish things now that I am organizing my projects.
It's raining today but yesterday was nice so I took a walk and some photos as things change so fast!  The redbuds are fading and soon so will the dogwoods but there is always something new to discover........dogwoods...........
 I don't know if you can see but dogwoods are sprinkled throughout the woods and it is like someone is shining a light from above in the middle of the forest.
These are new just since the day before when I took my walk!  We are surrounded by beauty even during a pandemic.
Stay safe, stay well and Happy Trails!!!


12 comments:

  1. What a smart idea you have. Finish a new project and then a WIP. Looking forward to seeing the basket/tote done that is for your daughter.I remember it well. The cowl turned out sweet. Bulky yarn is very hard on the hands. Your Miss Marple will be very welcomed this coming winter. All your cross stitch makes me smile. You do great work on it. Live photos of the woods with the blooming dogwoods. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello viewers around the Globe, Herbal Penis Enlargement product is 100% guarantee to Enlarge and get a better ERECTION ,the reason why most people are finding it difficult to enlarge Penis is because they believe on medical report, drugs and medical treatment which is not helpful for Penis Enlargement . Natural roots/herbs are the best remedy which can easily Enlarge your Penis permanently Contact Dr Olu via Email : Drolusolutionhome@gmail.com or via Whats App : +2348140654426 for Natural root and herbal remedies put together to help you get Enalarge and Erect healthy. Thank you.  

      Once again God bless you Dr. Olu for what you have done in my life.  

































      Hello viewers around the Globe, Herbal Penis Enlargement product is 100% guarantee to Enlarge and get a better ERECTION ,the reason why most people are finding it difficult to enlarge Penis is because they believe on medical report, drugs and medical treatment which is not helpful for Penis Enlargement . Natural roots/herbs are the best remedy which can easily Enlarge your Penis permanently Contact Dr Olu via Email : Drolusolutionhome@gmail.com or via Whats App : +2348140654426 for Natural root and herbal remedies put together to help you get Enalarge and Erect healthy. Thank you.  

      Once again God bless you Dr. Olu for what you have done in my life.  

      Delete
  2. Ah Dogwoods. Our province's flower! I love the set of cross stitch and how wonderful that they give most of the proceeds to charity. That is purchases I can definitely get behind. I hate it when I put down a project for a long time and then pick it up forgetting what needle size I was using - I know I should document those kind of things on ravelry but I often forget. The other thing that often messes me up is if I knit one sock and wait too long to start the second I can't always remember which cast on I used! Ah, memory - it is such a fleeting thing sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your header picture! You are really moving along well with your projects. I especially like your daughter's basket. The lining fabric is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are going to be busy! Congratulations on finishing a project. Love the basket you are making for your daughter... it's unique. Daisies are my favorite flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for a finish! i recall that handbag...I love your squares for it! What a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your scarf/cowl is such a beautiful color and stitch pattern. I know it will be loved next winter. I like the new little squares too. How big are they? You're smart dong the WIP's. I'm impressed by that beautiful bag your making too.
    We're finally getting buds and even the beginnings of some blooms today on the flowering pear trees. Maybe by Tuesday or Wednesday will have the full flowers so I can get a picture.
    Take care Sam and have a great Monday!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many good things here... dogwood blossoms, a daisy, and gorgeous handiwork!

    One of my friends has agreed to teach me how to make granny squares, so hopefully this year I will get a granny square blanket made..fingers crossed :)

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah for a finish! And I've been trying to finish things up while also trying not to cast on all the things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this post is filled with so much goodness. Love the blooms - and love seeing the Frida's Flowers bag again. I remember that!!! Good for you, Sam, finishing a WIP and starting a new thing. Inspire me, friend. Please!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been married with my wife for 6 years and recently she broke up with me and it hurt me deeply when she told me to leave her alone and that she does not love me anymore when i was always faithful and honest to her. I tried all the ways to get her back buying her what she wants like i always did and she still left me heart broken and she even has a new boyfriend which destroyed me even more until a friend of mine from high school directed me to Dr Emu. This man changed my life completely. I followed everything he told me to do and my wife came back. I was stunned everything happened exactly like he told me. I had faith in everything he told me and everything was true. You can contact him via email: Emutemple@gmail.com He will help you in anything you need and quick to answer once you contact him through his whats-app number: +2347012841542 Website: http://emutemple.website2.me/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was a HIV-AIDS patient and I got it from cheating on my wife. It was sort of a payback but a week later I was told by a friend that the person who I cheated with had the HIV-AIDS virus and did not tell me. I was so stupid by not using a condom I thought since he was an old school friend he was trustworthy. But I was wrong. I cried and cried. Two days later, I got a phone call from my friend and he told me about a person who is known by another friend, who can help me. I could not let my wife know what I was going through. I finally got his email address: oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com and I emailed this man my story and he replied me immediately saying i should be calm and told me that everything will be OK. I could not come to terms with what I was hearing but then I concluded it did not matter because I was so broken I just needed help. I was going out of my mind literally. I was confused with what he was telling me, but I listened. He told me about some materials i need to buy that he needed to cast the spell and I said OK. I bought the materials to him, I sent down my picture to him and my positive result sheet and he replied me that i am going to be negative under 3days. I message Him every 2hours for 2day and I knew he thought that I was crazy but I did care I needed a shoulder. Behold, the third day he messaged me i should go for a test that i will be negative. My marriage could be broken because of a stupid mistake and my life was on the line. I remembered when I was going to get the results of my re-test I called him up again and told him that I was going to get my results today and his reply was “so" and that everything will be as he explained. I knew then that he was getting tired of me calling him, maybe I was wrong. Well I got my results and the first person I called was him - again. As he said hello I started to cry and cry. I could not believe it. I was given a second chance in life.This man is a great spiritual HIV/AIDS healer, his healing spell on aids healing is very powerful .please brothers and sister, contact Dr Ose oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com
    whatsapp +2348136482342

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!