Sunday, December 29, 2019

YOP Week #26


 I frogged the baby blanket and started over as it was "widening" on one side.  I have had this problem before and it's in the turn.  I have to really look at the stitches so I go into the proper one at the beginning of the row.  So far so good!  I have 5 rows and I calculated roughly that if I do 6 rows a day, not counting the border at the end, I will be done about the 18th of January.  I am also using a bigger hook this time (I), and I chained 121 and will be making it 32" X 32" or thereabouts.  She called for worsted weight but I am using a sport weight. I'm really glad I upped the hook size as the pattern looks better and it is easier on my hands.
 I  started my new Christmas socks on Christmas Eve and I have finished the cuff and I'm on round 8 of 61 for the leg of sock #1.  I am using a vanilla pattern with no design.
 I also started my Chicken Joy cross stitch on Christmas Day............that is part of the tree.......
I'm on Instagram now but I haven't figured out how to get the logo to take you to my IG page......if anyone knows how let me know else I will figure it out eventually.
Over the New Year holiday, I will be re-organizing and re-prioritizing my YOP projects.  I will post about it next Sunday.  This is going to be the year of finishes and final finishes....I hope! LOL!
I did have one acquisition this week.............a new quilt pattern on its way from Kathleen Tracy.....
 That's all the progress for this week and I hope to get back to some of my other projects.
Here are some "tidbits" I found interesting..........

Here are some more "good luck" recipes but these are guaranteed to be good as they are from Real Simple magazine and I have never had a bad recipe from them...........here's the link

Here is a free printable calendar for 2020.........here's the link

Now, this sounds good and it is by Good Housekeeping.  If they don't know who does?  Here's the link
That's a wrap for this week!  Have a great one and Happy New Year!  Stay safe!
Happy Trails!!!

17 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello everyone, my name is Alfreed siang  i am here to say a big thank you to my doctor DR OLU who helped me enlarge my penis.i have never had a happy relationship in my life because of my inability to perform well due to my small penis, due to frustration,i went online in search of solution to ending my predicament and than i came across testimony on how DR OLU has helped them, so i contacted him and he promised to help me with penis enlargement,i doubted at first but i gave him a trial and he sent me the product which i used according to his prescription and in less than a week,i saw changes in my penis and it grow to the size i wanted and since then,i am now a happy man and no lady complains again about my penis.if you also need the services of my doctor,you can also contact him on his email..drolusolutionhome@gmail.com   or his whataspp is +2348140654426

      Delete
  2. Hi Sam, I have that problem with crocheting also some times...I have learned to chain 2 at the end of a double crochet row and then go into the 4 stitch from the hook (includes the stitch on the hook) and that keeps stuff straight. I am working on some baby bibs and they were all wonky so I ripped them out. Here is the link.
    https://hearthookhome.com/how-to-keep-straight-edges-in-crochet/

    I am working on that CAL Blathain today trying to catch up before the next block comes out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I read the article and it makes sense. Her crochet is so perfect! I am so far behind on the Blaithin...I just finished the Hydrangea before Christmas. Woe is me! LOL!

      Delete
  3. I've had to do a lot of frogging on some doll clothes this week; it's almost like, "one stitch forward and two back". I have Kathleen Tracy's book "American Doll Quilts" and have made several quilts from it. Sometimes I have trouble knowing just how to start the next row when crocheting. By the way, I put a post on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I least I'm not alone! LOL! It makes me feel not so stupid when i find other people have the same problems. Glad you posted! I read it and it was very interesting! I was looking at some doll pattern at Prindle Mountain Prims...so cute! I am tempted and yet I never played with dolls as a child except paper dolls. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  4. I finally succumbed and use a stitch marker to show where the last stitch of a row should go (or where the first stitch of a row is). It has prevented me from fogging any crochet projects for over 2 years now. The quilt pattern is so pretty. I think the yarn you are using for the socks will be so pretty in a plain vanilla sock. That way the color changes and sparkles will really shine through.

    Here's to the start of a new decade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your blanket goes better now that you've started it over. What a pretty printable calendar you've linked to. I don't yet have a write-on calendar for 2020, so I've printed out January's page. Hopefully, I'll have a 12-month calendar soon, but I'll enjoy this one until then. I hope you have a good week! Happy 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the blanket so much better with the new needles! You can really see the pattern and it is so pretty. Bonus it is easier on your hands, too. And those socks are just adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The fact that my hands were hurting should have been my first clue! LOL!

      Delete
  7. I think you'll be much happier with the new blanket. I agree with Far Side's comment. I used to really struggle with straight edges when I first began crocheting and remembering that helped a LOT.
    Love the pretty calendar. I'm thinking I may print them out to use for menu planning. I really want to be better about that in the new year.
    Have a great Monday Sam!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, the article helped! I need to print out January and I like your idea for using it for menu planning. My blog friends are so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am on instagram as BreathingLIfe1680. What is your instagram name so I can follow you.
    Your are certainly multicraftual: stiching,knitting,crocheting, baking and I love the little cartoons you find!. Happiest of New Year's to you dear one. All the best in 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad your second try at the blanket is turning out so well! It's going to be very classic in that pretty cream color. Best wishes for 2020 and thanks for all the useful links.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always you have achieved so much. I have started a journal this new year with the view to planning meals. Let's see how long that lasts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!