Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Fall is coming!

We've had storms and rain and a cold front brought in some much appreciated cooler temps!  This was the sky yesterday morning after the storms cleared out.............
 I've spent time cleaning and going through more "things" and I found 2 precious items that belonged to my son..............this bracelet...........

and this medallion.............
I also went through a lot of paperwork and receipts from bills that I cleaned out from last year.  My printer wasn't working since the fiber was installed but they came out and got it working again!  
I made a pot of split pea and ham soup and worked on a few Christmas presents.  I ordered some yarn and started my crocheted rag rug.  As I unwound the balls I realized the strips had not been sewn together so I did some of that just to get started and see if I liked it.  I do but it is hard on your hands so I will sew some strips and then crochet a few rows and so on as I don't want to hurt my hands...I have too much other crafting to do!
I did some more vacuuming and today is mow the yard.  It was too wet yesterday and it is still wet out there but it needs to be done!  I have yet to plant my fall seeds....I'd better get going!  Zucchini and spaghetti squash are coming in though.  I'll be cooking some of that today. 
I hope you are enjoying nice weather where you are!
Happy Trails!!!






5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found some treasure of your sons to keep. That must mean so much to your mothers heart.
    I'm still using rag rugs I crocheted from old sheets almost 20 years ago. They look as good as they did when I finished them after many, many washings. I do know what you mean about it being harder on the hands than yarn.
    We're having zuchini for dinner tonight. I'm looking forward to it fried up with yellow squash and onions. Yum!
    Have a wonderful day my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such nice keepsakes from your son. Very special now. We're ready for fall too. The cooler weather always seems to give an energy boost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless those precious keepsakes. Please take care of your hands. I used to ignore the pain and soldier through. Not smart and I have some nerve damage now. Your rug will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bittersweet finds. A reminder that there is always hope. "Hope anchors the soul." Make sure you take breaks when your hands start to feel the pain. I have an old injury in my left thumb so find that I often have to stop crocheting, sometimes even cross-stitching because of the way I grip the fabric. Even just short breaks helps. I think I will start trying to plant some seeds next week, even though it is still hot. Humidity has moved in which means the season is changing. Will still be hot for awhile, but hopefully, once the muggy air is gone, it will be more bearable. Have a good Friday and a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool here today but that is fine with me! You found some wonderful treasures...small things that you can keep in a special place! That crochet hook looks so big and I bet it is hard on your hand...take it easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!