Monday, May 6, 2019

Stitch Maynia Day #5 and Day #6


 I did not post to YOP yesterday as I was totally tired and really did take a day of rest but today I was rarin' to go.  My Stitch Maynia  projects don't look like much but they'll get better!  I promise!
This is what I worked on Saturday............these are leaves but it was the only color I had that was called for.....so I couldn't work on it anymore.   I did work some on my crocheted blanket and I finally looked up the size of a twin blanket and it is 66" X 90" so I need to measure mine.
 Then today I worked on this but just a bit.  Tonight it will get more attention.  I'm still knitting my sock on breaks during the day and then cross stitching in the evening.....
I received another 'treasure' in the mail today.  This one was from Kate in Canada.  So sweet....wrote me a lovely note and sent me these materials!
The first one is opalescent which I had heard about but never seen.  It has sparkles!  It will be great for Christmas ornies!  Over the weekend I ordered floss and some 28 ct. Monaco fabric.  Hopefully, the floss will get here soon as I need it.
I've saved all the addresses from the packages that people sent me and will be sending them a little something as a 'thank you' plus a thank you note.  I need to get on that tomorrow!
Today was busy as Monday's  usually are especially if I rest on Sunday.  Today I cleaned 3 litter boxes and 2 toilets and changed linens and washed comforters and sheets and went to Walmart and ironed and that was my day. 
The girls have been fed and now it's time for their meds.  They usually get a denta chew for a treat but they haven't been eating them.  Since they don't take water with their pills I like to give them something to get the taste out of their mouths as some pills can be very bitter.  I think their teeth and gums are old and sore maybe.  So, I got some turkey hotdogs that I will cut up into bite size pieces for them.  Then it will be time for my supper, cross stitch and t.v..............ahhhhhh!  Always glad to get off my feet at the end of the day.  I hope you had a great Monday.  It rained here all morning but then stopped.  The sun tried to make a feeble attempt to come out but failed.  More rain predicted for tonight......and this week.  Should I start building a boat?
Happy Trails!!!  

2 comments:

  1. A day of rest is needed at times. Glad you took one. It always amazes me how much you do in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are getting so much done. I've been "down for the count" with my back since Friday. The good thing about that is that I counted last night and I have 74 of the mini Christmas stockings done for the Veterans Home and it's only May! I made an emergency appt. with the spine doctor for tomorrow and I hope he has some new ideas because this is getting old.
    The weather is gorgeous here and I had planned to be at the lake until Wedensday but ended up coming home on Sunday morning. :-(
    I'm enjoying hearing all about your beautiful projects. You are an inspiration!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!