Tuesday, October 2, 2018

It's the Tuesday edition of Bookdate!

 My "finishes"..........this one was excellent!
Love this series and the main character is a hoot!  This is book #3..........a mystery series that takes place in the Cotswold's in the U.K....right up my alley!
This was very enjoyable especially to "me of a certain age".....and quite humorous.
I've read a few of Joanne Fluke's books and enjoyed them but it felt like I needed to read them in order so I am doing just that...this is book #1 and very good!  So good that Hallmark made it into a movie for the Hallmark Channel.  Plus there are gobs of cookie recipes in her books as she owns a cookie shop and I LOVE cookies!  Homemade ones!
 I'm still reading the following..............
and these are the next in line...................
Agatha Raisin book #4
This is book #2 in the Over the Hill series............it's not a mystery series just funny and a "feel good" series........
I think I will also be ordering book #2 of the Hannah Swensen series that is set in Minnesota and the name of it is The Strawberry Shortcake Murder......ummm......more recipes too I bet!
By the way...it just so happens that I made the Chocolate Chip Crunch cookies this afternoon...in fact I just had one......delish!!!!  Here's a link to the recipe 
Happy Trails!!!


5 comments:

  1. I love Joanne Fluke books. I have never seen the tv series since we don't have cable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for these great tips. I just posted a post on my current reading selections.

    Laura
    White Spray Paint blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Great choices! I've read The Peach Keeper. it was pretty good. I can't do any of the Joanne flukes...My Mom and Mamaw have a Hallmark movie obsession, and I'm not impressed. LOL
    I just finished Sarah's Quilt(#2 in the Sarah Prine series) I LOVE them! I think the second one may be better than the first, so make sure you check #2 and #3 out also! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need that Goodbye Friend book as we are not dealing well after Chance died. :( :( Pat Nitty and Annie for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sam :))) You've been reading yowza!!! I haven't found the time! It's nearly winter here though, so I'll be reading, writing and blogging LOTS more! :) Yay for chocolate cookies!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!