Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Tuesday - July 3, 2018

Well, I thought about taking care of the neighbor's cat and decided against it.  I called her and told her.  I am truly tired from having company for 3 weeks and with my girls and their meds and mine I feel like I'm running a nursing home! LOL!  I don't feel bad as I need to take care of my girls and myself first.  Charity begins at home.  I love helping others but most people don't realize I have 4 chronic diseases running around in my system and I need to take care of my health so I CAN be there for others.  She thanked me for letting her know in plenty of time.  I know I made the right decision because I feel relieved.  I gladly took care of her cat the other times but this time I was just too tuckered out.  So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!  I prayed and I think God's okay with it because it bothered me all day until I called her.  
I went in to the guest room today to water the plants and found the sweetest present my daughter left me!  The class she took was on collage and paper making for her teacher re-certification.  I love collage and I love this one she made!  She used an illustration from a vintage chidren's book and the tree and leaves are all made out of paper she made.....quite the project but she loved the class.  She brought some of the papers she made and they were gorgeous!  I wouldn't mind using them for wall paper!

 She also left me this cute little notebook.  We were at the Dollar Tree one day and I had given the boys each $5 to spend.  Amy picked this up and I loved it and looked for another one but there was none.  She left it for me to have.....she is so sweet and thoughtful......that's my girl!  It helps that I always love everything she gives me!
 I was in slow motion today but I managed to get the laundry done and shake all the rugs which will get washed tomorrow.  I did some ironing including the fabric for my hexies.  I'm still eating leftovers which is nice but also finishing up some things in the frig so I can see my way around it! LOL!  I didn't get my cookies made but the butter is 'softened' so tomorrow I will bake.  I have so many leftovers that cooking for the 4th is out of the question which isn't a bad thing.  I cooked every day for 3 weeks.....that's enough for awhile! LOL!
I hope you are staying cool in  this heat wave or warm and dry if it's not hot where you are.  I will be taking it easy tomorrow.....after all, it is a Holiday here in the U.S.
Happy Trails!!!

7 comments:

  1. What a sweet and thoughtful daughter. You are blessed.

    I am glad you are taking time for yourself. I am sure your neighbor will find someone else to do kitty duty.

    Have a safe and peaceful 4th. We are gonna smoke some pork and beef and enjoy our pool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you settled the situation regarding the neighbor's cat. And I'm glad you're taking care of yourself.

    The handmade card (with handmade paper!!!) is lovely. And I love the little notebook, too. How sweet of your daughter.

    Happy Independence Day, Sam! Enjoy however you spend it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gifts from your thoughtful daughter. Sometimes we need to know when to say no! hugs, lj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes you come first! I can tell you are relieved! Hope you had a good 4th!

    ReplyDelete

  5. بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم عميلنا العزيز نحن نقدم افضل خدمات تنظيف المجالس والشقق بافضل انواع التنظيفات المشهود لها عالميا
    شركة تنظيف مجالس بالطائف
    شركة تنظيف مجالس بجازان
    شركة تنظيف مجالس بحائل
    ونحن فى خماتكم 24 ساعة على مدار الشهر

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!