Monday, July 2, 2018

Monday - July 2, 2018

I'm still doing laundry! LOL!  I was just starting to relax when my neighbor called and wants me to take care of her cat....again.  We are not friends, we don't socialize together yet I seem to be her 'go to' cat person when she travels.  Didn't I just take care of her cat when she went on her cruise?  I'm trying to be a good neighbor but she has all these friends that she 'hobnobs' with all the time yet "she hates to ask them because I'm right next door".  Really?  I know, it's not about her and me....it's about me and God.  So, despite the fact that I have 4 animals of my own to take care of with meds twice a day, I will do it.  Someday maybe I'll need her help....although I can't  imagine how she could help me but Jesus would do it so what's the matter with me?  The matter is I feel used but that's my issue evidently. 
Today I made 2 cards, for Sam and Uriah whose birthdays are July 5th and July 6th respectively.  I would have taken a picture but they were pitiful.  I am no card maker!  But Grandma made them and they are personalized with a Lego theme for Sam and a Cub's baseball theme for Uriah.  Another reason I might be a little 'on edge' is that my daughter just found out that a sexual predator just moved in one house away from theirs.  I will be praying every day that the children in that neighborhood remain safe.  There is no rehabilitation for these people but they let the rapists and child molesters go while they put immigrants in jail and take their children away
who are seeking asylum.....go figure.  This country is going to the dogs.
Speaking of..........I am currently reading this very interesting and informative book.....scary too........
 If you have any doubt as to where we are headed you need to read this book...........

On a lighter note.......I am also reading this wonderful series by Alexander McCall........I read him when he first started publishing this series but that was years ago so I am starting over.  I've read the first book, "The #1 Ladies Detective Agency" and now this is book #2 in the series...........I'm not even sure how many there are but he is one prolific writer!  They are excellent and I highly recommend them.
 Since my YOP 2018-19 start yesterday I have been back knitting on my Hitch Hiker shawl on breaks and taking care of "the girls".  I still have leftover spaghetti sauce and salad and garlic bread and the last of the Banana's Foster I made for the grands.  Tomorrow I'm hoping to make  some cookies and get back on my 'healthy meal planning' except for the cookies, of course.
Happy Trails!!!

7 comments:

  1. You had a lot of laundry. Company does that for ya.

    Your grands will love their cards cause you put love into them. I will pray for their safety too.

    Glad you are back to a bit of knitting. It is a good stress reliever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm smiling as I read your struggle with your feelings about this neighbor. I feel your pain (and frustrations), but I'm smiling. I imagine God smiles, too. That you struggle to that extent and bring Jesus into it. They've got to love that, Sam. That said, I'm sure it's okay to say no. But I love that you think about it the way you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The joys of laundry LOL. Sometimes I think if you leave it too long it can multiply all on it's own! Prayers for your grands. Not a good situation :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a good neighbor. Sexual predators are the worst nightmare...hope he moves out soon. We have/had two in the neighborhood, one molested his grandchildren...I cannot stand to look at him or his wife who covered it up for so long...and another who was killed in a car accident...not sad at all for him:) Little kids are just not safe anywhere and that is sad:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very kind to help your neighbor by caring for her cats when she travels; now it is her turn to do something wonderful for you. Ha ha, some people are takers, not givers. The Alexander McCall Smith series is one of my top favorite series, love Grace and Precious; I have read them all in order.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right, you may need your neighbor's help one day. Hopefully she doesn't take advantage of you. Cookies sound good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!