Sunday, April 22, 2018

YOP Week #43


 What a wonderful week this has been!  It's a cozy day here and I mean cozy.......it started raining last night and it's raining today...........but the main reason it's so cozy is I got a new porch roof this week and so far not a drop of rain has leaked through!  Hallelujah!

I spent the morning making tahini  (sesame seed paste) as I needed it to make hummus.  It's the first time I ever made either of them but they both turned out and I really like the hummus.  I've had store bought and was not impressed but this is tasty!  I'll be publishing recipes tomorrow.......this is the hummus............
and this is the tahini...............
 Yesterday I cooked orange chicken in the crock pot and had it with oven roasted Brussels sprouts and brown rice.....very good.   Although it was quick, I think there is probably a better recipe for orange chicken out there like P.F.Chang's but for now this will do.
There's not gobs of progress this week because there were the roofers, I did my taxes and I researched and ordered a new t.v. as I have been without one for a few weeks now, plus, I mowed.  The t.v. will be here Tuesday!  I got a  50 inch screen as I kept getting out of bed to see the menu's and/or words on my t.v. .  I also researched  the distance from the t.v. versus the screen size and no wonder!  I was supposed to have a 50 inch screen and mine was 29! LOL!  Hopefully, I won't have to get out of bed anymore to read things on the screen.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FO's - (Finished Objects) - none this week

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 WIP's (Works in Progress) -
1)  I did work some on my 2nd felted slipper and the bottom of the foot is almost done.........it is so dark today because of the rain so I hope you can see things............


2) I finished the 3rd block of 5 for the Frida Kahlo basket.......just need to weave the ends in...........





4) The Land of Sweets cowl was coming along so nicely and then per usual I had to frog and start over so I  didn't make much progress............but I am liking it thus far.............and 2 of the yarns are ones I dyed!  Here are the mini-skeins I dyed in case you missed them............




 5)  Spring Cross Stitch -  didn't even get this out of the project bag this week
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



What's in the Queue -
#1 - Some Valentine's Day socks - I'll be dyeing my own for this!
 #2 - Something for St. Patrick's Day...socks or cowl...not sure.  I think I found a cowl pattern with a Celtic design but I would like socks too!
#3 - Still more washcloths as I have plenty of Dishie and Peaches and Creme worsted cotton
#4 - Some leaf book markers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What I'm "wishing upon a star" for -
#1 - My Valentine and St. Patrick's Day yarns for socks or cowls and mini's for cowl and Granny Stripe Blanket.  I'm thinking I can dye my own now!  How exciting!!!!
 #2 - Susan B. Anderson has her 2 kits back in stock..........The Loopy Sheep
and her Spring Chicken kits  just in time for Spring but where do I get the dough for all these great items?
#3 - my new over the top obsession I discovered from Little Bobbin's mother who does the most beautiful stitchery from Jesse Chorley
I'd like to do her Friendship Quilt  if I live long enough! LOL!  I may try just a little sampler on my own but check out her website for lots of other wonderful and unique items and projects.
#4 - Knitting at the Library Cowl - a pay for pattern on Ravelry.  I'm thinking this may be the year of cowls or slippers....we'll see who wins out! The cowl looks like different shelves of books!  So cool!
#5 - A crochet square blocker either a DIY or to buy.......anyone have any experience with these or recommendations?  I saw this Crochet blocker with instructions to make and it looks pretty simple
You just need wooden shish-kabob skewers and a gardening knee pad.
#6 - Sewing book like Simply Summer Street has
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
YOP Goals from last week:
***DONE*** 1) Finish dyeing and drying yarn and ball up or skein
***DONE*** 2) Finish Square #3 on Frida basket
***DONE*** 3) Finish first 8 rounds on Land of Sweets Cowl - color #1.  I also did 8 rounds of color #2 and I am on round 5 of 8 on color #3.
4) pin I Spy quilt #2
5) cut binding for my sampler quilt
6) work on Spring cross stitch
7) iron fabric and cut out tunic pieces
8) order bias tape and Swedish Tracing Paper for patterns
9) finish 2nd slipper of my pair
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 YOP Goals for this coming week:
1) pin I Spy quilt #2
2) cut binding for my sampler quilt
3) work on Spring cross stitch
4) iron fabric and cut out tunic pieces
5) order bias tape and Swedish Tracing Paper for patterns
6) finish 2nd slipper of my pair
7) order supplies:  yarn , needles etc
8) do block #4 of 5 on Frida basket
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Podcasts: I need to work on catching up with Stitching The High Notes and other regulars....still.  I did watch Stitching the High Notes Episode #16 so I'm slowly catching up. Hopefully I will catch up a little faster when I have my new t.v.!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To see other fabulous projects from YOP members click here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Happy Trails!!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. How you have waited and worked to get your leaky roof fixed! And now it is. I'm so glad for you, Sam. That had to be a such a worrisome thing.

    Making your own tahini! I once made hummus, but the tahnini I purchcased must have been spoiled as it was terrible. I haven't been able to bring myself to try to make hummus since. Maybe I should try to make my own tahini.

    And that Land of Sweets Cowl is looking mighty sweet. ;^) I just now finally looked it up on Ravelry, and it's a beautiful cowl, Sam! What a pleasure that will be to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO! A sound roof is a lovely thing to have. I am so happy for you. No more leaks.

    I have always thought about making hummus and will look forward to your recipe this week. I love orange chicken as well and have always used the recipe from SkinnyTaste. (https://www.skinnytaste.com/orange-chicken-makeover/) It is pretty easy to make and reminds me so much of the one I get at Panda Express. Even my hubby likes it.

    Congrats on getting a new TV. You will be so happy with that bigger screen too.

    Your goals for this week are really great and I bet you meet all of them, now that the roof is fixed. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness you have a lot of goals Sam! I bought tahini sauce for the first time ever this week and want to make my own hummus too.
    I’m so glad that your roof is not leaking anymore and everything is staying dry. What a wonderful relief for you. And how fun to be getting a new television. Now you’ll be able to catch up on all of your favorite podcasts. I hope you have a wonderful week with all of your projects. The cowl is looking beautiful.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah fo no leaks! An a new TV too! Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nicely done on working on the projects.....glad the tahini and hummus worked out...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Harrah on the new roof with no leaks! Sorry about the frogging but sometimes it has to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait for the hummus recipe. Yay for no leaks, and I love all your projects and the colours you have chosen. So cheerful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!