Saturday, April 28, 2018

Saturday - 04/28/2018

You know the saying "go big or go home"?  Well, I did just that..........my t.v. arrived and it's HUGE!
I had no idea.  I guess, in hindsight, I should have gone to the store and looked at a 50" t.v. instead of listening to the internet calculations.  I don't even need my glasses to watch this screen! 
 There is no room for anything on the dresser except I was able to slip the DVD player behind it.  The VCR has no room.  Yes, I still have an old VCR and video tapes.  It goes so well with my antiques too, don't you think?  Not!  These things are ugly!  I think eventually I will have it hung on the wall in the family room.  These things have little plastic legs and it would take nothing to knock it over....a little earthquake, which we have occasionally, would probably do it!  When I opened the box it said it takes 2 people to lift it.....great!  They didn't tell me that when I bought it.  I managed though....I'm pretty strong from lifting all my life and I still load my own salt n my water softener so it wasn't bad.  I laid it on my bed to install the legs and they even included a screwdriver.  It took me all afternoon to install it and get things hooked up but it works great and has a great picture.  It is nice to not have to wear my glasses for distance as it is easier to do my needlework and not  have to look over my glasses at the screen.  I need glasses for distance but not close up.  I have no idea how you could ever make these televisions look good in my home.  Maybe that's why everyone is going modern again?  I'm actually eclectic in my decorating but this monstrosity is an eyesore.  Color would help a lot...but they're all black...what about yellow or red?  Or white?  Or decorative artwork you could have on the screen when you're not using it?  Come on people (the people that design these).....use your imagination and creativity.  I would definitely pay extra for a t.v. like that! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
 I went to Wally World yesterday and was so exhausted I didn't even eat supper and went to sleep before it was dark out!  I spent a lot of time roaming the aisles looking for a few things that I knew they probably didn't have and I finally asked a clerk.  I was out of a lot of staples too which took more time and effort.  Now I know why all these people drive around in those carts....I thought they were disabled but I think they just don't want to end up like a dishrag when they get home! LOL!  I got it all unloaded and put away and then I crashed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I made a nice breakfast this morning though and part of the healthy breakfasts I researched this past week.  This one is Mediterranean Scramble and the recipe is here
I'll be making it again! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm off to do some ironing, update Ravelry, YOP, and try and finish some of my YOP goals for tomorrow!  Yikes!  Plus, I need to catch up with my blog friends and podcasts.  This week has been a douzy, but in a good way!  It's beautiful here and I need to get outside also!  Have a great day!
Happy Trails!!!

7 comments:

  1. That is a big TV, glad you got it up and going all by yourself! Yes I think they are ugly too...but they all look the same to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you getting your TV all up and running by yourself. I agree that they’re not the nicest looking things. Your breakfast does look nice and healthy. I need to go grocery shopping but I keep putting it off because it makes my back unhappy to do all that walking. I hope you’re having a lovely weekend.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tv! I need one big enough that I don't have to wear my glasses to see It! And, another item for your wish list. We bought at $25 Roku at Walmart. You, or someone really smart like a grandchild can hook it up to your youtube and you can watch your favorites on your new tv!

    But before you think I am too modern, we still have our VCR hooked up too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, these big tv's are just plain ugly. I hate to see people mount them on the wall over a gorgeous fireplace. Totally ruins the gorgeous fireplace. We're at a cross roads. We have a very pretty smallish entertainment center, that is truly a nice piece of furniture. The opening for the tv is small by comparison to today's standards. Wasn't when we bought it. We can't get a bigger tv than we currently have; but as we both age...seeing it is harder. Primarily because text messages as part of the plot are common, and we can't read them. Hubby jumps up to get closer to read the text and or pause in order to read. They all look cheap to me. With the plastic little legs or center pedestal. They are quite fragile as you say. We're not actually big tv watchers, so we used to actually close the doors on the tv section when we weren't watching. Somewhere along the line we stopped doing that. But, to upgrade to a bigger tv, means cleaning out and getting rid of piece of furniture that I like. It has draws with old VCR tapes (you're not alone), pictures, Cassettes, and CD's of music and odds and ends. Shelving sections have books. So, it's going to be quite a project. Congrats on being able to get it all set up on your own. Well done! I'm not the least bit knowledgeable regarding electrical stuff. WIP....always a chore with no end in sight it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you'll really enjoy your new BIG TV! You won't even notice that it's ugly after awhile. It's SO much more fun to watch movies on a big screen. And I agree...shopping at Wally World wears you out! Have a great day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my 'big' TV's. I have never thought of them as ugly. Our big screen has metal legs and is super sturdy. It is fairly new too so don't know if it is the brand that makes a difference or what. But then, I really don't have a certain style of decorating. I am more eclectic in my style. I mix wood, metal, light, dark, hard and soft all together. It works for me.

    Wally World IS exhausting. Trying to get around the store with a cart and then dodging children running in front of you and people not watching what or where they are going......I never thought I would need to use my defensive driving techniques in a store. But I sure do there LOL.

    You breakfast looks marvelous. I love a big breakfast but seldom take the time to make one. It is probably my favorite meal to go out and eat. We eat breakfast out once a year on Easter. I savor that day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!