Monday, January 22, 2018

YOP Week #30

 I'm a day late and a dollar short for sure!  The weather was really nice yesterday so I wanted to take advantage of it and wash some windows as it was supposed to storm later.  It got cold so fast this past fall that I never got my windows washed in time.  I also put up some new curtains (thrift store) that I washed and ironed.  They are really drapery length and not wanting to take the time to cut and hem I doubled them over and hung them with cafe clips.  I thought it might help keep lightening from waking me up when it flashes......wrong!  We had a big storm last night and the lightening still flashes through them.

 My camera is still not working and I can't afford a new one right now so I tried my tablet and it works but I have to have my tablet plugged in as it won't hold a charge plus it doesn't take the greatest pictures.  I think I need artificial light with it though as some of the pictures are pretty dark.  Sorry, it's the best I can do right now.
I finished the leg on the second sock and the heel flap on the first sock and now I'm working on the heel flap on the second sock.  I'm getting concerned as it doesn't look like I will have enough yarn left to finish them.  I've never had this problem and now I am wondering if this was a DK weight yarn and not a fingering weight.  I can't find the label although I know I didn't throw it out but I guess I will just have to go to the end and then use a contrasting yarn to finish as I am NOT tearing these socks out!  Probably a turquoise yarn or white...some color that is in the multi-color section.  It is so sad as these are my very favorite socks of all time!
I ran across a card making kit my daughter gifted me last year and I have been wanting to make cards so I was very excited to use it!  It is really cute and comes with everything you need EXCEPT card glue........I was able to put together the pop-up part of the card though..........
  I've got my sweater as long as I want it so now I will start the ribbing for the bottom.....I am not worried I will run out of yarn but I am concerned it will be too small for me......I made the same size as a gal I know who made it and she is larger than I am so I didn't think I had anything to worry about and maybe I don't.....we'll see...but when I try it on it seems small but then the needles are attached too.....oh well......it's a good experience for sure and I will definitely be making more sweaters.
This picture turned out pretty good.  I guess I need to ensure there is plenty of light!
I also mended a robe that the had lost a tie from it....I had the tie, it just needed to be sewn back on.
That's all for this week! I hope you had a great one!
Oh, here's the link 
to the Kleenix mittens I posted about the other day.  It's a free pattern on Ravelry and if you want to see what other YOP'ers are up to just check them out here
Happy Trails!!! 
 

21 comments:

  1. I got a bit of mending done too. On a pair of pajamas. The socks are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! I have more to do in the mending department.

      Delete
  2. The pop-up part of the card is very cute! And very "spring" so perfect time to rediscover it!

    To block lightning you probably need that room darkening stuff - a kind of rubbery lining on drapery fabric or blinds. You could get a white roller blind that mounts inside the window frame behind your new prett curtains... roll it down at night, then roll it away first thing in the morning!

    Sorry to hear you may run short of yarn on the socks. GRR frustrating!!

    Now fingers crossed that the sweater fits!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of the roller blinds....I think I'll go with that one! Thank you! You always have the best ideas!

      Delete
  3. Hi Sam :) The card making kit sounds like fun! It looks great! :) So does the sweater and your socks!!! I have drapes and curtains here that I won't cut up...since we're just renting, I want to salvage them for when I buy a property. Safety pins come in handy for the hems! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun but I need more supplies...as always but I guess that's part of the crafting life! LOL!

      Delete
  4. I really like the sweater. What pattern is it again? I hope your sock yarn makes it but if not.......they are in uour shoes and mo one will notice.

    Your card is precious. What a great gift from your daughter. Its always fun to learn something new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a kit/pattern on Mary Maxim. Now, I know why people do 'toe-up' socks! LOL!

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful post, Sandra. You killed it with the curtains. I love seeing your sock WIP as usual. The pop-up card looks great. I like the tweedy bits of the sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That tweed is from Patton's and it's wool and very soft....I really enjoy working with it and it is a reasonably priced yarn for being wool.

      Delete
  6. This may sound weird, but I had a Kodak easy shot that I loved. And it died. I purchased another (gulp) and after a year, it died. I couldn't afford ANOTHER so I googled to find a fix. They actually recommended slamming it on the ground (not experts, youtube). I did, since I had nothing to lose and it worked! So google your camera before you give up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s good to hear from you. You’ve been a busy lady once again. I did a similar thing with the curtains in our bedroom because we like it very dark when we sleep too. I bought Walmart curtains and I actually doubled them and sewed them together at the top by the rod pocket . It works like a charm. Love your socks and a sweater. You will be right on trend if you put a different color cuff on your socks. Everyone seems to be doing it right now. Your card making kit looks like a lot of fun. I sure hope you can figure out how to get your camera working correctly again.
    Blessings always, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too late for the cuffs as I am doing cuff down but the foot might be a different color! LOL!

      Delete
  8. sorry about the yarn fail with your socks, but the solid colour you pick will be hidden inside your shoes so it will all be good. The pop-up card is very cute - you are so clever. Good for you making the curtains - but lightning? oh my! Blocking will probably help the fit of your sweater - it is hard to tell when it is attached to the needles. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip on blocking...I totally forgot that part and you can do a lot with blocking....it is my first sweater so we shall see. If nothing else, I have learned a lot and enjoyed the process and if not me someone will enjoy it I hope!

      Delete
  9. I'm sure you'll figure out a way to finish the socks and make them look great. Sorry to hear about your camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well, better the little things in life go wrong than the big ones! LOL! Those are all just minor issues but thank you.

      Delete
  10. Hope you don't run out of yarn on the socks...that would be the pits...have faith! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try but there's only so much yardage in those little balls of yarn left! LOL!

      Delete
  11. Sorry about the socks, but as already mentioned, a contrast colour will be hidden in the shoe anyway. The sweater looks great and when the needles are out, I'm sure it will fit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!