Thursday, November 9, 2017

Cozying up the place!

I am so all about the 'coziness factor' here on my 'homestead'.  I had originally planned on going to Walmart today and making a dinner but I really didn't HAVE to go to Walmart and I forgot I had some leftover pizza in the frig!  So, I decided to clean and organize and decorate for Thanksgiving.  I took all the Halloween 'spooky' stuff down and brought out more Fall items.  Here's a look at what I've been  up to today...........I put the orange lights over the mirror....they are now Thanksgiving lights!  I also added some additional items........
a little squirrel that is really a teapot but I never use it as one............
plus some gourds I crocheted a few years back............
On this side of the room there STILL hangs my mini-quilt 'flimsy'....one of these days I'll finish it and go figure.....more squirrels!  I have to admit this is a 'squirrely' house! LOL!
I got the tea set and pieces at Cracker Barrel years ago and the squirrel votive holders I thought were a set but they both face the same way so it doesn't really work...I may have to separate them for their own good.  The acorns are little salt and pepper shakers but again I don't use them for that.
On the other side is the other squirrel and the sugar and creamer......I felt in love with that set and I still love it.......
This leaf bowl I got at the Thrift store for less than a dollar...........
the old sign I got at a sale a long time ago but I can't remember where...I don't pay much for stuff at sales.  If it's in my house it must have been a bargain! LOL!  It is cardboard and old and I love it.......it's also a good reminder for my Thanksgiving guests....especially the part about the bank being closed! LOL!
I haven't cleaned the bottom area of the bookcase so I won't show you that.....I'm not done with this room yet but almost...at least for now anyway.............this is across from the fireplace where I sit when I take my breaks and there is my knitting which would not be sitting there if Miss Peeps was up and about but she is 'night-night' in the basement right now.
The tree is my year-round tree that I put all kinds of decorations on depending on the time of year......I really don't have any Fall decorations to hang on it so I'll have to work on that and there are lights on it but the batteries are dead.........I guess I forgot one 'spooky' decoration!
The candle and holder was from my daughter and so were the botanical 'napkins' but I use them for doilies...........I won't burn the candle as it is too special!
This pitcher I think I got at a college art auction at my daughter's college when she attended there.  It looks old and primitive and I have always loved it.........
ans finally this is where I put my feet up!  Again, it is old and and the top is hand hooked wool.  Those old wool items lasted for years and I still use it daily.............I started hooking wool rugs and dyeing my own wool just before my eyes went south along with me.  One of these days I'm going to get back to it!
I took a bath this morning but I could probably use another one with all the dust I stirred up today! LOL !  But it feels so good to come inside from summer and clean up the house and get ready to be COZY! 
Happy Trails!!!

14 comments:

  1. The handhooked wool design is gorgeous! I love all of your pretty touches and the napkins are a good idea. I would like to make some mats about that size...kind of like mug mats. You could quilt them too...you are smarter than I am! haha! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes it more enjoyable to clean id you can 'gussie' things up a bit. I have mug rugs and table runners I want to make too....but it's hard to take the time for sewing when I look around my house and see all that needs to be done....still! LOL! Hugs to you too!

      Delete
  2. Your knitting chair looks so welcoming. I could just see you there with your feet up, watching a fire in the fire place and enjoying some lovely back round music. Very relaxing and homey. Your fall decorations are so warm and inviting. We only decorate for Christmas these days. I used to have a wreath for every season and holiday but once we left Pennsylvania, I quit doing that. But.............we go all out at Christmas time. Takes us several days to put it all out and almost a week to put it all away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the fires in the fireplace will be coming soon! I can't wait to see your decorations at Christmas. I bet they are gorgeous!

      Delete
  3. I so enjoyed the peak into your home. It DOES look cozy. I like all of the squirrels. Your relaxing, knitting area looks great too, especially the footstool.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to see my blog friends homes as it feels like you're getting to know them better and you can picture them in their own surroundings. I don't know what I would do without my online friends!

      Delete
  4. I always make lists for errands but then remind myself that I don't really need anything and don't really need to go anywhere at all. :) Love all your Fall decorating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found that I stick to my list better when I order online so I am trying to do that more often but I need some things (mostly dog food)and I can't wait for the 2 day shipping.....they've gotten used to being fed daily! LOL! I will be placing the majority of my list online though and hope I don't get too many extras when I go today. I do need some yarn though and I need to stop at the Dollar Tree. Do you have dollar stores there? I do love staying home but it is a beautiful day here with the trees in full fall regalia so it will be a nice outing. Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. Some crocheted chickens/roosters would look cute on that tree. Lovely decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea....or how about a turkey?!?! I need to go hunting on Ravelry!

      Delete
  6. Your home does look so cosy and comfortable! Love your decorations. Thank you for your sweet comments on your visits over to me...I love to hear from you. Enjoy your weekend! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love visiting my UK friend! You are such an inspiration!

      Delete
  7. Hi Sam :)) Your house is SOOO cozy looking, this is my goal too, COZY. I love all the decorations and my favourite ones are the acorn shakers! If I look around here, hardly anything was bought at full price, and that's how I like it. I laughed so loud at your "especially the bank" comment lol...very funny!!! I'm so glad you live in a cozy home, you deserve it! Oh, a bath sounds good as I'm watching it snow out the window right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandra, your space is SO inviting and festive. I love those crocheted gourds.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!