Sunday, October 1, 2017

YOP Week #14

Moving right along.....with the same old projects but by next week you will probably see some new ones or old ones that I am finishing....lol!
I have a 'pretty much done' project...........my Frosted Pumpkin cross stitch!
I also ordered the snowflake buttons that will really be the finishing touch....they should be here this week.  I think I should wash it and press it before I put the buttons on and also look for  a frame for it.  I think it will have a special place in my new alcove (used to be front closet).
I'm working away on the 2nd sock and I actually knitted in public while waiting for my neighbor at her doctor's office.  A woman came over and sat next to me and we had such a nice conversation about knitting and crochet.
Yesterday I spent the day bonding with my new sewing machine and we are best buds now!  I cut and sewed the binding and sewed it on the quilt and now I am doing the hand stitching.  I need to work on my mitered corners and I made a 2 1/4 inch binding but I may use a 3" on the next one simply for the corner mitering.  I've also heard of a magic binding that I want to look into.  I think it's magic because there is no hand sewing but I could be wrong.  This is the part that I sewed last night.........

  I have about 3 more sides to hand sew...........
I have a busy week ahead.....another trip to Mountain Home, a trip to the Thrift Store to drop things off (my car is still loaded with it), Tuesday is our twice a year city garbage pickup where you can put anything out on the curb and they will take it......boy, do I have a lot to drag out there!  It's great to actually see progress in quite a few areas of my life right now.....I just hope it doesn't come to a dead stop when they take my steroids away!  I think the elderly should get free steroids for life!
Some new sites I visited this week that you might be interested in........
Timeless Reflections  (a sewing blog)
Madam Munch (a knitting blog but it is in Danish so you have to use Google translate)  If you like color work this blog is gorgeous!
Humble Quilts a quilting blog

To see what other YOP members are working on and be totally inspired by them check here

I hope you had a great week and saw progress in your world too!  Happy Trails!!!



24 comments:

  1. He will be an adorable pumpkin when finished

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlin', your pumpkin is so sweet. Can't wait to see it with the buttons. I am so glad you knit in public. It is amazing the conversations that pop up because of it. I am so happy for you and your new sewing machine. You will whipping out quilted projects in no time now. I agree, all of us over the age of 60 need a daily dose of steroids. Too bad the side effects over time are so nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice that you finished the Frost is on the Pumpkin cross stitch in time to enjoy it when the frost is on the pumpkin this year! Your quilt looks great, too. I love the cheery colors - especially that yellow (and are they black polka dots on the) backing fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those are black dots on the yellow....I really liked it. I wasn't sure about the red gingham but I love mixing things like dots, stripes and checks in different colors. Yes, cheery is what I like too. If that pumpkin is done by Halloween I think it may be a first in my lifetime! LOL!

      Delete
  4. Our weekend progress was the barn rubble. We have more to take care of, so between garden and barn, we'll be very busy. Your work always looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're moving right along in your projects! I love your finished Frost on the Pumpkin piece! I've only done cross stitch once and it was just too much math for me to find it enjoyable. I am hoping to work this week on some little snowmen made using childrens socks filled with rice. Hopefully I can get one or two done and posted on my blog. Enjoy your week, sounds like it will be a busy one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny because I love math...computer science major! LOL! You are the truly artistic type....I'm too anal. I think cross stitch reminded me of pixels! LOL!

      Delete
  6. You're doing just grand with all your WIP's. I particularly love your Pumpkin stitchwork and he will look amazing in a frame. Thank you also for popping over to mine and leaving your sweet comment. It's ALWAYS great to 'see' you there. Have a great week and remember to put some 'me' time on that list too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for coming to see me too! I will definitely put 'me time' in....I pretty much enjoy everything I do. You do the same!

      Delete
  7. I love the ombre oranges of your pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cross stitch turned out really cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you...now the snowflakes and the mounting and framing!

      Delete
  9. I love your pumpkin, great job! Your binding looks so much better than my last. Actually, that's one of the reason why I'm so into Rag Quilts at present, they don't need binding. ;-) Thanks for sharing the blogs, I'll go have a look now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep telling myself that 'practice makes perfect' and it helps that the recipients are very young and won't notice! LOL!

      Delete
  10. Yes, knitting in public using garners a few comments and nice chats. I took some stuff to the recycling depot and threw out some big pieces of junk - but I wish our district would take a page for your book. Anything? that's cool.
    Oh, and that reminds me I promised myself I would clean out my junk drawer today.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they restrict chemicals and paint etc. Paint cans have to be 'dried up' but they took every single bit I put out there even a huge spike attachment for a riding lawn mower! I was doing my happy dance for sure!

      Delete
  11. You do so many things...LOVE the cross stitch! I haven't done that for years but not sure I have the patience for it now. But I am making progress with my book projects. I got a lot done today. It's all just for fun but I am enjoying it! Oh, you asked about how you know when you've passed kidney stones. Well sometimes you actually feel them pass...it hurts. But this time I didn't. I woke up one morning and the pain was gone. Once the stones pass...no more pain! Hallelujah! heehee! Have a good evening sweet lady. Don't work too hard. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all need to do what is fun to us and I enjoy others crafts even if it's something I might never do. You just have to try them and see and some you go back to after years and years like me with the cross stitch. I do want to make those primitive dolls I think....only so many hours in the day though!
      So glad you are feeling better! I thought they dissolved the stones with lasers now. I love your book projects!

      Delete
  12. Look at you at one with your sewing! Your quilt looks brilliant. I love the pumpkin and the socks are coming on a treat. Knitting in public too, you have been so busy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sam :) I LOVE your pumpkin! It's so cute. And congrats on bonding with your new sewing machine. There is nothing like a good machine. The quilting is really coming along.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!