Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Stormy night......

Last night we had tornado warnings starting at about 2:00 a.m. which kept me up until about 5:00 then I slept until about 7:30......pretty tuckered today!  But we never lost power and although there were downed trees and power lines in surrounding towns we were very fortunate. 
Sunday I made Stefanie's recipe for shrimp fried rice.  It was delicious!  Thanks Stefanie!
I prepped for it earlier in the day and then it was easy to throw together at supper time.
The other day there was an offer from The Grove recommended by another FB user I knew and you could get a bunch of Mrs. Meyers products if you bought $20.00 worth of other products.  Since I use some of Mrs. Meyers I took them up on the  offer.  It arrived yesterday...........
I ended up spending $24.00 for $46.00 worth of products!  Good deal in my book since they are things I needed or already use.  They have a new scent....Bluebell which is now my favorite!
I've gotten a little farther with my blanket............the newest color is gray as I didn't have a tan that Alicia used.  Not crazy about gray but it's what I have so I'll go with it for now.
After the storm last night the sun came out today and it was gorgeous.  I hung laundry outside, it was garbage day, I went to the pharmacy and picked up my prescriptions, filled water bottles, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher and cleaned up the kitchen.  I ordered some books for my tablet that were good Kindle deals and now I'm ready to crash.  Oh, I did work on the dining room a bit also when I felt myself getting groggy! LOL!  I'll try to stay up as long as possible so I don't wake up at 2:00 a.m.! 
I hope the sun shone on you today and that all is right in your world!
Happy Trails!
P.S.  I'll catch up with you all tomorrow.....

14 comments:

  1. I like how your blanket is coming out. I'm glad the recipe turned out well for you. Time to time I use any vegetables we have for the fried rice. I always use the sauce recipe part. Tonight and last night I diced up baby broccoli, a red bell pepper, and carrots and added them to frozen corn and frozen edamame along with those little shrimps for our fried rice. I used brown rice that is cooked and then dried out even more in the oven before I added it to the wok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for those tips as I do like to use what I have if possible. I just happened to have some frozen shrimp so it worked out great! I also used brown rice...great minds think alike! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Your dinner does look yummy and I think your blnaket is beautiful. What a great deal you got on the cleaning products. I like those products too but have never smelled "Bluebell". So sorry about your sleep and the storm last night. We've had snow all day and the roads are getting very bad right now. Hubby is at a meeting and he said it took forever to get to it. Who knows when he'll make it home. It's the never ending winter up here in Eastern Washington.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel for your husband as I love snow but only if all are home safe and sound! Spring is in full bloom here as my eyes are really feeling it with all the pollen etc. blowing around. You would really like the bluebell, I think. I like all their fragrances really.

      Delete
  3. It sure has been a crazy storm season over there. Tornadoes have hit many places where I have family and friends. Hattiesburg, MS; New Orleans, LA; San, Antonio, TX. We've had very beautiful weather the past couple of days. Lots of lightning the other night but never got any rain. It's warming up now with summer just around the corner which I'm not looking forward to as it will limit my outdoor time. Looks like your blanket is coming along nicely. I have soooooooooooooooooooooooooo many wips I need to work on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I agree on the hot weather....Spring here is perfect to be out and about. I also have too many WIPS and then I keep starting new ones! It's a sickness.

      Delete
  4. Our weather is heading from thunderstorms to cold and snow again. One kiddo is already sick (tending to her with teas today).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was 36 here this morning and in the 70's this afternoon. I have a grandson that was fine this morning and then got a fever and now is achy. My eyes are bothering me from the blowing around of dry leaves and pollen, I guess. I never had allergies until I came down here or could be old age? LOL! Crazy weather for sure!

      Delete
  5. Is it the norm for you to have so many tornado warnings this time of year? Once again, I'm grateful we don't have that kind of weather! The shrimp fried rice looks AMAZING....I can't eat rice (it gets stuck at the base of my esophagus every time I try to eat it) but I can make this with Orzo pasta, which is a great substitute! Now I just have to wait for shrimp to go on sale! Good buys with the Meyer products! I love getting deals! :) I use reward cards for every store that has them and I save so much money! PS, I wanted to ask you on your reading post, how is the Kindle reading? I find my attention span really wanders if I'm reading on the computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the midwest part of the U.S. is called "tornado alley" although Missouri and Oklahoma, the states Arkansas borders usually get the worst ones it seems. Spring is the season for them but this seems really early this year. They go into summer too. I couldn't read on my pc either...not a book anyway but I have the Kindle app on my android tablet also. I can download books from Amazon and they go to my pc and my tablet at the same time.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you didn't lose power nor have any damage! We got hail on the first of the month, which I suppose was the lion coming in! I've not heard of Mrs. Meyer's products, but you've got me curious! I'll have to look them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you would love them! they smell divine but I have to wait until there's a sale usually or free shipping. I get her counter top concentrate and that bottle lasts me a year usually. I put it in a spay bottle and clean my kitchen sink with it every morning Try it...you'll like it! Plus, her candles are pure and soot free.

      Delete
  7. I hope that you have gotten caught up on your sleep. How scary to have a tornado so close. Do you have a storm cellar where you go? Your blanket looks amazing, your stitches are so tight and perfect . . . what a talented girl you are. Good shopper, too.
    Have a sweet day.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Connie. I have a basement which not a lot of people here have because of all the rocks. That is a moss stitch in my crochet and I like it because it makes the resulting material look and feel woven. Nice and warm for a blanket!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!