Saturday, March 11, 2017

It's Snowing!!!! Yippee!!!

This will probably be the first and last snow of this season for sure...........
but I have loved every minute of it!  And so did Nitty....she loves the snow like I do.....
I think we can say "in like a lion" at least...........
So glad I didn't plant anything outside yet.........but I have a bit of Spring inside that bloomed and my Christmas/Easter? cactus is blooming too!  I forgot to take a picture of it.
I know many of you don't like to iron but I have never minded it.  Have you ever  ironed tissue paper?  I do! LOL!  You might even find it among my clothes in my ironing basket.  Whenever I get tissue paper I iron it and reuse it...........
Before:
After:
It doesn't get all the wrinkles out but it is definitely reusable afterward......just a little frugal tip
I keep them all in a plastic Ziploc bag............
Now I think I'll sit by the fire and enjoy my one and only snow storm this Winter.........
Happy Trails!








9 comments:

  1. Congratulations, enjoy your snowy night by the wood stove!! I love that feeling...the snow looks so pretty on the trees. And Nitty is so cute in the snow too, dogs love it. Well, my little Jack would prefer to be in our bed under the covers!! I never thought of ironing tissue paper! Good frugal tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rain! It was a cozy evening for sure. Jack is a sweetie. I loved the watercolor you did of him!

      Delete
  2. I love your posts. I usually cant comment because I am not sure how to do that on my phone, but tonight I am on my laptop. I enjoy all your knitting projects, book reviews and your view on life! Enjoy your snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Miss Merry, it means a lot to me as I know you have been a loyal follower for quite a long time! Thank you for commenting when you can. I appreciate it! Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
    2. Miss Merry, how did I never realize you had your own blog? I apologize! I was hoping we could communicate more and there you are with your own blog! I will be catching up with you for sure! I guess because you said you commented from your phone? I don't know what my excuse is but I am so sorry! You're going on my sidebar right now! I am excited!

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your snow! Ours is finally melting. Yay! I have never ironed tissue paper, but I just may start doing that now. I had never heard of it before. Stay warm.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to keep my tissue paper in a zipper holder, but the kids just don't put my crafting things back the way I'd like. I should try storing mine that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had some fun with your beloved snow. I didn't know tissue paper could be ironed. Look at you reusing and taking care of Mother Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you got snow! That is more than we have and way prettier! :) No I gently press out the wrinkles with my finger and fold it up then reuse it. My Mom used to iron wrapping paper:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!