Tuesday, March 28, 2017

It's not Wikileaks but it's leaks!!!!!

I have not blogged as Craft weekend did not go as planned and then there were storms and then there was this.................yes...my brand new drywall......................

and this............

There are workman on my roof as I blog.........hoping to be able to fix it before the next batch of storms comes in tomorrow........it's such a long drawn out saga but what I am thinking is that someone does NOT want me moving just yet! LOL!  I'm okay with that....but I never got my picnic basket liner done.....yet.....but I did get the fabric cut out...........

and I have started something on my actual YOP list..........a doily.......I'm about halfway done but like anything in the round as it gets larger each round takes longer.........I'm amazed at myself that I can work with that tiny hook and thread.........
 I also frogged my sweater and started over as I forgot it was in UK terms and not US.....I also did a swatch....2 as a matter of fact and ended up going up a needle size........... unfortunately Annette of My Rose Valley has frogged hers and if she had problems what does that mean for me?  She's a designer and excellent crocheter!  But I will forge ahead and see what comes of it.  I would certainly love it if it turns out!  Wish me luck!
Can anyone identify these birds for me?  They seemed to be a pair but I have never seen any like them before........... grosbeak?
 and is this a sparrow?  I'm trying to get better about identifying birds, as I love them, but I'm not very knowledgeable on them at all...isn't that amazing after watching them for so many years.
More storms coming our way so it will definitely 'test' the repair job!  Stay safe where ever you are!
Happy Trails!





15 comments:

  1. Hi Sam :) Good luck with your roof repair, I hope it goes well and you stay dry! I haven't any idea what the birds in the first photo are, I don't see those around here with the long beaks like that. Just from your photo, the second one looks like the body of a house finch, but the head of a chickadee..I'm not much help huh? Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You came up with more options than I did! I need to get bird book!

      Delete
  2. Your drywall! Oh no. I hope everything gets taken care of before the next round of storms. Were the two birds in the photo about the size of robins? If so they could be brown thrashers or wood thrushes. I love seeing how creative you are, and very impressed with that teeny crocheting. That would drive me nuts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they were pretty large birds and chubby! LOL! There are lots of different birds down here. Especially Spring and Fall when they're migrating and some are just 'passing through' on their way to somewhere else. Thank you for the suggestions....a bird book is definitely in order!

      Delete
  3. My Albany boy is sick and tired of the endless days of clouds and rain they've been having there. Glad you were able to get someone out quickly to fix your leak. I'm pretty bad about identifying birds and flowers. Always googling trying to them out but sometimes they can be so similar so it's not always easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad...weather has never bothered me one way or the other except for severe and damaging. I think it stems from when my children were little and to keep disappointment at bay I would always have rain plans and sun plans so if we had a picnic planned and it rained I would have a 'back up' plan of a movie or something. I do that with myself even with chores around here...if the day is nice I have some outdoor chores but if not I have plenty to do inside too!
      I actually love weather of all kinds and my daughter and I call ourselves 'weather geeks'. The only thing I don't care for is day after day of hot and sunny...I know....I'm weird!

      Delete
  4. We need to re-roof a barn this summer. Our list is long too. Everything keeps getting pushed from one year to the next. We too have storms coming. I hope to get some laundry out today before that happens. I hope they fix your roof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it seems the minute I get one major thing done something else happens....remember how I shampooed the dining room carpet? Yeah well, little Miss Annie decided she needed to make a 'mess' in there in several places! I couldn't believe it! 10 steps forward and 25 backwards.....the story of my life! LOL! Oh well, it could be worse! Having a 'homestead' and animals is a lesson in patience to say the least! Stay safe!

      Delete
  5. I think those are brown thrashers too...very beautiful! And a chipping sparrow! Love that sweet doily! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane! I figured you would know! Hugs back at you!

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness! I hope the repairmen do a great job on your roof so you don't have anymore leaks. I sure like that cute fabric you have for your liner. Your doily is coming along beautifully too. FYI, that you for the sweet comment on my blog. It's so nice of you to be concerned for me. I have talked to my PT about my knitting and he's very happy with what I'm doing. He doesn't want me pushing myself to do more because apparently I also tore muscles when I fell and I can damage them more if I try to push myself. He want me to limit my walking even more than what I was doing. I was up to 7000 steps a day and he wants me at 5000. Only the exercises he has given me. Blah, blah, blah. Oh well, I'm lots better than last month and even better than last week. It's just slower than I want. Thanks for your sweet advice though.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying your leaks will be fixed. So disturbing when these things happen and always at the worst possible times. Hugs, LJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man I hope them leaks are fixed soon. Dadgumit. What a pain. I love that Anne fabric. You had ordered it online yeah? I bet there are total cute prints of Anne of Green Gables and of Harry Potter online. I want to wait til I get better at sewing before falling down that rabbit hole.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no not you newly fixed ceiling. Must be a bad spot in your roof :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a nasty leak you have there. It has to be checked right away before it gets worse, especially that a round of storms are coming up. If you want to have it fixed quickly, just phone a builder. Don't risk tearing the drywall apart on your own. You might end up doing more harm than good to it. Leave that to the experts so that you can be ready before the rain starts pouring.

    Franklin Stewart @ Muller Exteriors

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!