Thursday, April 21, 2016

More of everything......


I made some yummy dishes yesterday...........you probably can't tell what it is so I'll tell you...............


Outback Steakhouse Alice Spring's Chicken
Recipe: 

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts    
pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
Lowry's Seasoning Salt  (go easy on this as I thought it was a little salty so use sparingly)
6 bacon slices
1/4 cup regular mustard (I only had Dijon but it worked fine)
1/3 cup honey
2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
1 cup sliced fresh mushroom
2 cup shredded Colby/Jack cheese
First, Sprinkle and rub the chicken breasts with seasoning salt. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. (I actually left it in the frig longer than that)
While the chicken is in the refrigerator, cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside. ***Do not discard grease.***
Saute chicken in the bacon grease for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Place chicken in a 9" × 13" casserole dish or pan.
To make the Honey Mustard: In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayonnaise and dried onion flakes. 
Spread some of the Honey Mustard over each piece of chicken, then layer with mushrooms, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese.
Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is done.
Serve with the left over Honey Mustard Sauce that you made


This is what I made for dessert...........from Budget 101
This is not healthy and I'm not used to so many processed foods.  I love the idea but I may have to redo the recipe to make it more pure and natural but for now I will enjoy it as is.  I did not make mine fancy like their picture.

 Can anyone identify this bird?  I know it's a terrible picture but it was the best I could do. This bird sings it's little heart out every Spring and it has such beautiful songs and what a variety!  It seems to be pale with speckles but that's the most I can make out and I used my zoom lense.

 I finally finished this audio tape.  I think the book would be better.  It takes concentration for all the twists and turns and the British accent can sometimes be hard to understand.
Here is my next audio tape..........
This was my non-fiction but it is an action plan and will take a while to finish as each chapter requires you to do things so while I am still reading and doing the "action plan" I have chosen another non-fiction
book to read...........The author, Jo Packham is also the woman that writes/edits? the Where Women Create magazines and I love those so hopefully I will learn some good tips from this book. 
I got a bunch of National Geographic magazines free from a library sale awhile ago and I am starting to read them....first one...........I love these magazines!
I'm not sure that I will participate in the Dewey Readathon but just in case I dug up some books that I would like to read coming up..........I'm almost done with Death of a Witness by P.D.James so next will either be Harry Potter Book #1 (I had these books but must have loaned them and I know I read at least the first 3 so I'm starting over)...the only book I found was this one..........
Sue, the book fairy gave me the first 3 books in this series which I am looking forward to........

 
 
As for handwork........I'm almost done with the heel flap on sock #2..........
and my next crochet project is going to be this little number (although it's actually fairly large).......
a free pattern over at Stylecraft Yarn
They have loads of wonderful free patterns with that U.K. flair that I love!
That's all for now!  Toodles!
Happy Trails!









 



7 comments:

  1. I like how you eat. Lots of great stuff going on here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how you eat too! LOL! I had waffles again this morning....I can't stop! LOL!

      Delete
  2. HI Sam! Love the socks! Love your fiction books! I hope you read along tomorrow--I will stop by to see and spread some love.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I can't participate as I was gone yesterday to the doc and today I have laundry and it's too gorgeous to sit indoors and I have plants to plant before they die! But I will certainly check up on you!

      Delete
  3. I love toast. I usually spread peanut butter and nutella on it. I am hankering for some cream cheese and lox with sprouts and capers though on it. The rye bread sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could your Bird be a Brown Thrasher? There is a Brown Thrasher here about half way down on the page, cute song it sings:)
    https://www.allaboutbirds.org/how-to-learn-bird-songs-and-calls/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pg Soft เล่นได้ทุกแพลตฟอร์ม รองรับทุกระบบปลอดภัย 100% เล่นได้ตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง ยิ่งเล่น ยิ่งรวยแน่นอน

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!