Thursday, November 5, 2015

Follow The Yellow Brick Road......

 Well, I've had plenty of signs and confirmations about my move.  No, I don't have the house yet but even if that doesn't come through (although in my heart of hearts I feel so sure it will..it's a "knowing") I know for sure I am packing and leaving.  So, I went to Walmart yesterday and got "supplies"

There was a "pin" on my Pinterest "moving" board about getting different colored duct tape and color coding the rooms and putting the appropriate colored tape on the boxes.  Brilliant!  You can see it across a room and if the wrong box ends up in the wrong room I think it will be pretty obvious! LOL!  I'll also write the name of the room on the duct tape but I think the colors will really help to keep things organized.   They have lots more colors too in case I need them but this should be a good start!
I was able to get some boxes yesterday at our local store here in town and they said to come back to day and they would set more aside for me.  So nice of them!
Yesterday after getting "supplies" I cleaned up the house, did some laundry and made pork chops and gravy for supper with potatoes and brussel sprouts.  It's an old recipe I've had since my children were young and I just love it once the cooler temps start arriving.  I'm making chocolate chip cookies today as the Halloween candy is long gone! LOL!  And after that there will be some serious packing going on!
Happy Trails! 

13 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're getting everything organized for your move. How exciting! I hate moving, but I love the nice clean organized house I have at least for awhile after unpacking!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now it will help me to organize and go through things and decide what' going with me and what is not. I should do this anyway.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the packing I hope it all works out for you! A color coded system should work fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are terrific in getting the ball rolling for a project. Watch your back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staying with it is my problem! LOL! I may have RA but I am blessed with strong back muscles and so far so good. All those hay bales I lifted on the farm really helped!

      Delete
  4. Hip hip hurrah!! I am tickled for you!
    I know that this is something that you've been longing for, and I hope all your hopes are realized!!

    Brilliant idea to color code the boxes!!

    Smiles :)
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kerin. Please keep the prayers coming as I'm not there yet! LOL!

      Delete
  5. You are so organized, even when it comes to packing.
    I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see where you end up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't say that if you saw my house right now! For some reason, whenever I get to doing anything I end up with a bigger mess. How does that happen? I just keep repeating "divide and conquer" to myself but also...."keep like things together"...maybe that's where the confusion comes in and the mess? LOL!

      Delete
  6. Different colored tape sounds like a great idea for packing up. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristina....it's like an archaeological dig around here right now!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!