Sunday, June 29, 2014
YOP Finale for year 2013-2014
Here's what I completed this year:
Completed for YOP1314:
1. Pillowcase with Crocheted Edging
2. Ear Flap Hat - for Uriah
3. Birdie Decoration
4. Bunting - Project #2 from Cute and Easy Crochet by Nicki Trench
5. Bunny Buddy Blanket - made for Uriah
6. Grandmother's Favorite - 5 (washcloth)
7. Pumpkins and squash - I think I got this pattern from Dawn's blog also. http://dawndavis.blogspot.com/ I can't remember now...oh, I am getting old!
8. Granny Square thread crocheted bookmark - gift for Kay
9. Roll Brim Hat - for Jim
10. Roll brim hat - for Ben
11. Waffle weave dishcloth from Mason Dixon book #1- sewing in ends....so many!
12. Irish hiking Scarf
13. Preemie Crocheted Hat for 2lbs (1)
There are more WIP's for sure but what I am most pleased about are the skills I picked up this year which is always part of my goals; to learn and expand my capabilities.
Skills and/or new frontiers:
Crocheting with crochet thread
How to put in a "life line" in knitting
How to pick up dropped stitches in knitting
Crocheting edging onto something
You can check my sidebar for my complete list of WIP's (there are lots still)
And so you won't go away "empty handed" here are a few pictures..........
I didn't have this in my project list or on Ravelry at all and I think I made it last year but anyway this was what got me excited about making toys.
I also got Susan B. Anderson's book on toys...the 2nd of my toy books from her. This one has the giraffe pattern in it and so much more! She is phenomenal....she has a blog and does pod casts and right now she has a drawing going on and she has them quite often. I love her recommendations for yarns and Etsy shops and patterns also.
Alicia Paulson who I adore. I love her needlecrafts, her knitting, her crocheting, her house, her family, her sewing and quilting, her recipes (and her husband, Andy's ,who also cooks), her decorating.....let's just say I love the whole "package".