Friday, May 30, 2014

Rain, rain and more rain!

I'm loving it as it is cozy and cool instead of steamy and hot but those days will come probably after all this rain.  But I've got projects inside and out so I'm busy regardless.  I have managed to finish and start a few books.  Another Janette Oke book that I finished.  Her books always remind me of how people were where and when I was growing up.  They put me in a very happy place before I go off to dream land.
This little book is about a woman from Iowa who grew up  before electricity and is a simple journal of her life.  I so enjoy these types of writings from people who lived simple but hard working lives.

Tucked in the book, which I think I picked up at a garage sale or library sale when I lived in Iowa, was an article about Clara.  Handwritten on the article was her address and phone number although she has since passed on.
Right now I'm reading the following books.........
This one was at the library and I thought I heard that several people were reading this and couldn't put it down...so far I've had no problem.  Has anyone read this?

This book is a book I've had for years but never read...probably a garage sale find.  It's good material and the author is a minister and counselor.  There's good information in it about different personality types such as the "loveaholic", the "victim" and more.  I am blessed with a pretty grounded and happy personality (not that I'm popular but I like myself).  My biggest challenge is to have patience with some of "those people" in the book....LOL!
One of my best friends has her PhD in psychology and is retired after years of counseling.  She used to say "If you knew how angry and full of pain most people are you would be afraid to go out your door every morning."  I think we're seeing that play out with a lot of the gun violence and mass shootings that are in the news now a days.
I'm reading the second book in this mystery series about a single gal who moves back to her hometown in Maine to help her aging father with his blueberry farm.  The first book was good so I'm sure I'll enjoy this one.  It's fun, light reading which is just what I like.
What have you been reading lately? 
Happy Trails!

1 comment:

  1. We got rain too! I am reading blogs! LOL. I am still reading a book on my Kindle..about Alaska. I also read many magazines..my fav is Farm and Ranch Living for the diaries:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!