Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fall & Halloween....my FAVS!!!!!






Sorry I haven't posted here in a few days...I have an elderly cat that is "fading" and I had to take her to the vet, give her meds and coax her on and off all day to eat and drink. But she is making a comeback! It won't be forever I'm sure but she is not suffering and I try to make her as comfortable as possible. Her name is Patches and I got her from a shelter years ago and the vet and I figured she is anywhere from 15 to 18 years old. She sleeps with me EVERY night and is THE BEST cat I have ever had. When the time comes, I will miss her VERY much!
I can't include Patches on the blog without including "my faithful companion" Serenity...Nitty for short, who is my bestest friend. She is smart, brave, friendly and a beauty inside and out.
Here are some pictures of my flowers..mums on the bench and a gorgeous Trumpet plant in full bloom in my back yard (a first year plant I might add).

3 comments:

  1. Sam,
    Your flowers are so pretty. I love fall colors!!
    The kitty and puppy are so cute. The puppy kind of looks like Mary Beth's dog Bingo.
    My daughter April, has a kitty that is 19 now. He has been showing a lot of signs of late of being somewhat senile. He SAT by his food bowl yesterday for six hours and feel asleep sitting up. April picked him up twice and put him on the bed but he went right back to his food bowl, which had a lot of fresh food in it, but he just sat there. Today when I talked to her she said he was laying on the bed sleeping with a bow on his head that My Grand daughter put on him. It is so sad to loose a pet. I still miss my kitty and its been six years.
    Yes you would love my thrift store. I got a really pretty woven tray there today for a dollar. That is all I got today. I have been cutting way back with Richard being off work. But to just go over and come home with a few things makes me happy.
    The card making thing should be fun, I have to figure out what to do next.Waiting for my creative side to come alive. Lets see what you come up with. I sorted out all my scrapbook papers today to see what I had to work with, besides the things I can print off.
    Well off I go. As always you are a great cheerleader , you always make me feel good.
    Love Ya
    NANCY JO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! Welcome to the world of blogging. I found YOU by way of Mary Janes! I saw that you were from Arkansas like me, so I thought I would come pay a visit.

    Your sweet kitty is precious. I so understand how you will miss her so. I am very attached to my pets also, especially my cat, Stormy. He is like a gray Garfield..personality and all.

    Come by my blog anytime...
    See you on MJ's!
    Beautiful Blessings~Kelly Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love our little fur footed soul friends . They bring such love in our lives

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!