Sunday, April 21, 2019

YOP Week #45

Happy Easter!!!



Finishes:

1)  Sock #1 of my Blueberry Speckle socks.........and sock #2 is started....the cuff only has a few more rows and it will be done.........
2) Pickle Dish #5 is done but still needs to be pressed........you can see it trying to curl up..........the bottom hexie really is the same as the other ones but the lighting wasn't very good............
here's a picture of all of them so far..........it could also be my lumpy bed! LOL!
 WIPs (works in progress): 
1) I worked on the corner-to-corner blanket a bit............
 I need to measure and see how wide a twin blanket is......I still have one more skein after this one and so far I've used 1 skein of 3 that I have..............

I did no cross stitching this week whatsoever!  I was trying to keep  up with cleaning up after the girls, grocery shopping. financial stuff and then cooking.........it's been a busy and tiring week.  I made an iron skillet pizza last night for supper using my own dough...very good.......
I also made dough for cinnamon rolls that I baked off this morning............they were alright but I prefer caramel pecan....oh yeah!
I had planned on making a cherry glazed ham, riced cauliflower  (did you know you can get it already 'riced' at Walmart in the freezer section along with some other 'riced' and 'spiraled' vegetables?  I had no idea!) and some maple sugar glazed carrots but we'll see.....I'm really tired this week and it may have to wait until tomorrow.  So much for my Easter dinner! LOL!  But I'm not having company so what difference does it make?  Oh, I also sent the grands some Easter 'boxes' which took some time putting together this week and mailing.  My friend, Vickie, sent me a card that had me laughing............thanks Vickie!

  



 Acquisitions:
None this week

New Starts Planned: they're all secret! LOL!

YOP Goals from last week: (better than the week before!)

DONE 1.  finish stitching Pumpkin Spice Farm
DONE 2.  finish hexies and stitch together for Pickle Dish #5 of 11 (there are also 2 half PD's on the vertical and 6 half PD's on the horizontal plus 4 quarter PD's and then the connecting hexies)    
3.  Work on Amy's Frida Kahlo basket
4.  Start house ornament
6.  do the finishing work on "America" xs
7.  do the finishing work on "Merry Xmas" xs
8.  do the finishing work on "Primitive Santa"
DONE 9.  finish rest of sock #1
10.  make sock box and ornament box for 12 of each in a year (yeah right) lol!

YOP Goals for this coming week:
1.  work on sock #2
2. audition and cut fabric for Pickle Dish #6 of 11 solid ones
3. trim all completed xs
4. kit up house ornament
5. work on Frida Kahlo basket
6. kit up and start Summer cross stitch
7. get ready for Stitch Maynia

 TOP 10 (or more) WIP's:

1)  Pickle Dish
2)  Stars and Stripes Saturday - America x-stitch - done but needs finishing
3)  Amy's Frido Kahlo basket (July birthday) - done but needs to be sewn together
4)  Pin's embroidery
5)  socks
6)  C2C blanket for Grayson (July birthday) 
7)  Monthly Monday - HRH January
8)  Witchy Wednesday - Button-Eyed Cat
9)  Fall Friday -
10)  Santa Sunday -Old St. Nick - done but needs 'finishing' work
11.  Turkey Thursday
12.  Seasonal Sunday -Summer
13.  Santa Sunday - new house ornament

 Finishes so far in 2018-19: 
1.  4th of July cross stitch pillow/ornie
2.  Hitchhiker shawl
3.  Felici Hibiscus self-striping socks
4.  Felted wool loafer slippers with leather soles for me Sam
5.  washcloth (extra large) and back scrubber for Christmas or birthday for SIL
6.   Iowa Hawkeye hats for Sam and Grayson
7.  Techniques learned so far this year: a) knit cast on, b) reading a knitting chart, c) lace work, d) inserting and using a lifeline e) charting a graphghan
8.   dishcloth(s)...I need to count them
9. Cubs hat for Uriah
10. 12 days of Christmas Advent gifts
11. Cowl for Ben
12. Cowl for Tracy
13. Cowl for Natalie
14.  # 2018 Collectible ornaments for the grands
15.  Cowl for me or gift basket
16.  11 scrubbies for gift basket
17.  1 pot handle cover for gift basket
18.  Ben's Bear's hat
19.  Falling Leaves Scarf
20.  Tissue Box Cover - 5 of them!
21.  Granny Square Shawl
22.  Kathleen Tracy doll quilt
23.  Pumpkin Spice Farm xs
24.  Spring xs






 Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other  YOP'ers are working on.
Happy Trails!!!


16 comments:

  1. Sorry about the headache. Rotten to have that on Easter Sunday of all days! I love your baking. I am trying to find a good gluten free recipe to make my own pizza dough, and those cinnamon buns look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely have headaches. Usually only when a storm is coming as it seems I have a weather station in my head!LOL! But no storm until later this week. Just Google 'best gluten free pizza dough' and you'll be surprised how much pops up. Also, Pinterest has lots of gluten free recipes. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. I don’t really understand what the pickle dishes are, you don’t actually put pickles in them do you? My MIL came over today and we had fajitas for Easter Sunday lunch! There’s no rules. Mmm those buns look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you check my YOP 2018-19 on my right hand side bar you will see my original projects for this YOP year starting out. It was my first post. I've strayed off of it obviously but the Pickle Dish 'quilt/wall hanging' is in there and the book that I purchased to make it.
      I would be appreciative if anyone would stop by and cook anything for me! LOL! I never eat out as around here it is pretty unhealthy stuff so I cook everything from scratch. Fajitas....YUM!

      Delete
  3. OK, now I'm hungry! All your food and your projects look delish. Add me to the curious about what a pickle dish is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. check my YOP 2018-19 label on my right hand sidebar and it will explain what the pickle dish is...it was my first post for this YOP year.

      Delete
  4. I was just starting to ask you what the pickle dishes are for and I see Liz beat me to it above. I've so enjoyed seeing them as you've made them, and they are interesting just as they are, but I've gotten to wondering what you do with them? The term pickle dish seems to relate to tiny-pieced and geometrical quilt designs... But maybe you'd like to share (or share again) what yours are for...

    Hope your headache gets knocked down. I've had a very tired Easter (stayed home while dh went to his mother's) for lunch, but hopefully I'll get back on my feet tomorrow as some beautiful weather is a wastin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was in my first post for this YOP year 2018-19...check my YOP 2018-19 label above on my right hand side bar and it it in there with pictures and the book etc.
      I imagine you are tired after the big birthday celebrations! LOL!

      Delete
  5. It's good to see you posting. I'm sorry you aren't feeling great, but you sure got a lot done this week. Your pizza and rolls both look amazing. We had taco salads at a little out of the way restaurant on the Oregon coast. We had been told about a place that was between Portland and where our hotel is. We went to church in Portland and then drove a new route to the coast. When we arrived at the recommended restaurant it was a 3 hour wait for a table. This was after 2:00 in the afternoon! We decided to keep driving! At the place we had taco salads we were the only customers! (They weren't very good either.)
    But, we've made it to the ocean and it's beautiful.
    Take care my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a travelin' gal! Sorry I have not kept up but Easter and Spring kept me 'hoppin' just like the Easter bunny. Hopefully I'll catch up with you soon! Taco salad sounds good except sorry you're wasn't. They say to never eat where there are no cars or trucks. They say to eat where there are a lot of semi's as the truckers know where the good food is. Enjoy your trip!

      Delete
  6. Hope you are feeling better by now. It sounds as though you have had a great week. Yay for nearly finished socks! Your pizza looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about the Headache Sam and hope the rest helped some with it. There are no rules I think to Easter lunch and I love your cinnamon rolls....well ok I've a weakness to them and my daughter makes some fantastic ones, at 14 she's turning into a brilliant baker...but I do wonder how much I'd like the Pecan caramel kind..mmmm..I'll have to see lol.
    It sounds like it's been a super busy week for you doing lots of not only making but, cleaning and cooking also. I love the card, it made me giggle and I'm with Liz and Becki...may I ask what the pickle dishes are for, or what you will use them for? They look as if I'd use them for holding small trinkets and items but I am curious. Hope you have a good week Sam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Click on my YOP 2018-19 on my right hand sidebar at the top. It was my first post of this YOP season and had my 'goals' and aspirations for the year. It shows pictures of finished Pickle Dishes and the book I purchased to make them. It will be a wall hanging. I will post pictures next Sunday too in case anyone missed my replies here. Lucky you with a baking daughter! OH yeah...caramel pecan rolls...toasted with butter...yum! BTW....I only buy Kerry Gold Irish butter! It's the only grass fed cow butter I can get around here. We have corporations ruining our food supply here in the states. My relatives never farmed that way with chemicals and cruel to their animals. It's a shame so I am grateful for organics and grass fed cows!

      Delete
  8. Hope you're feeling a lot better now.
    Headaches are the worst!
    Gee, you are amazing with all that you accomplish! Way to go!!

    We are in the middle of our house selling, so I am not taking on anymore projects right now. I am still working in the yard though.. I need to do that, as it's my therapy..LOL!

    Have a lovely day.
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel better now...thank you. Do you have a house picked out or are you waiting until you sell? Or are you going to travel the country? How exciting!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!