Friday, April 28, 2017

Spent my wad at Wally World!

Yesterday was another beautiful day and supposedly the only one for quite a few...more storms on the horizon for today and over the weekend so I got some laundry out on the line and headed to Walmart.  But before I did I spied this cutie out in my backyard..........unfortunately I was in such a hurry to take the picture it is blurred.  Okay birders....what is it?  I thought bluebird at first but then oriole? 

I had to bite the bullet and get a new hose but hopefully this one will last and it is twice as long as my last one........I hope it lasts for more than one season!
I got a bunch of seeds too....I even got cactus seeds!  I've never seen those before and there were some organic and loads of perennials which I also rarely see in seeds.  I'm not having a vegetable garden as it is so not easy down here even in containers but I did succumb to radishes, leaf lettuce, kale and some bush beans.....I just can't help myself.....it's the gardener in me! LOL!
 Connie!  Look what I found at Walmart.....solar butterflies!  After I saw yours I really wanted some so I went looking and lo and behold!  I got 3 and can't wait to get them in the ground!
A new paint color for my Adirondacks?  The dark green is faded so I though maybe this color would go nice with the orange brick of the house plus dark colors absorb the heat.
More organics at Wally world...........yes, I was already into this bag...notice my nifty bag clips?  Clothespins make great bag clips!
The asparagus wasn't organic but who can resist asparagus in the Springtime?  I have a recipe from that Cook's Country magazine I want to try....asparagus gratin...although I really love it just tossed in olive oil and salt and pepper and roasted....yum!  BTW, if you want to keep celery, green onions, asparagus and maybe  a few other veggies fresh...stick them in water....they won't go limp on you like they do in the frig.  You can still pop them in the frig but the water keeps them hydrated.
And I couldn't resist getting a few of my Kombucha's!  This is multi-green.....I had it last night and with the electrolytes and probiotics even a trip to Walmart didn't wear me out....too much! LOL!  I've got to make this myself....as it's over $3 a bottle.
I'm in for the next several days now except guess what I forgot?  Batteries!!!!  Duh!  I may have to run up to the Dollar store before the monsoon arrives.
Happy Trails!

15 comments:

  1. I went to Wally world yesterday and the first thing I said this morning was...YAY! I don't have to go today! haha! Hubby said he did though. I'm not going along. Enjoy your day sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I go to Wally World I try to go at around 7:00 a.m. There's no one there except me, the employees and very few others. Crowds don't do it for me anymore. :-) You got some great things on your excursion but I think my favorites are the solar butterflies. So fun. And I've never seen cactus seeds before either. I hope you have a lovely weekend and the storms fizzle out before they get to you.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I retired I'm not really an early morning persone....I get up early but I'm slow to get going. I have a routine and knowing that when I go out I usually don't get much done afterwards for some reason....I don't go out until afternoon when my work is done. Plus, living in a retirement area they evidently don't seem to sleep well so the stores here are crowded in the mornings and not in the afternoons. I may get to that point but so far I sleep great and rarely ever wake up or get up in the middle of the night but if I do I stay up! I call it Bonus Time! LOL!

      Delete
  3. Getting to the store is always a treat, for me anyway.... just getting out of the house and seeing new stuff and friendly folks :)
    We have a Wally World here in our little town, and it is truly the place where most folks go ~ so then I get to catch up with everyone ~~**smile**.
    Love that sunflower colored paint.. it's gorgeous!

    If it makes you feel any better, we got snow here in our part of Utah last night... boo. My poor, poor plants.
    The snow should melt off today, and hopefully spring will continue.

    Stay safe through the storms.
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't m ind going to the store except for the money spent! LOL! There really isn't anything I mind doing as long as I don't have to rush....which it seems I did for most of my life! LOL! Spring will come to you eventually! So sorry about your little plants. I pray the sun shines on yo u this week.....lots!

      Delete
  4. Wally World excursions can be so much fun. I love poking aroind in their different departments and finding bargains. Loving the paint color. We can't use yellow here as it attracts the Arizona bees and wasps. I had never heard of catus seeds. I know we grew prickly pears in Kansas though so I am sure you can grow them in Arkansas too. Never seen ir heard of organic Tostitos before. Love the solar lights. We had a solar light garden for years. They are so much fun and very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my only outing so I look forward to it. I hope that paint does not attract bees or wasps here! Yes, there is a big cactus garden at our library outside. T he organic Tostitos are in the snack section along with all the other Frito-Lay products. Oh! A solar light garden....that does sound like fun especially since the 'critters' eat so much of the living stuff....I hope they don't eat these! I'm looking forward tot he lights and also I want to do a little fairy garden with miniatures.

      Delete
  5. Hi Sam :)) Oh, look at all those seeds!!! I feel my little addiction rearing its head again...must have more seeds!!! :) I have no idea what that bird is but it's very beautiful, the colours are so nice! I hope you don't have terrible weather after all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was your post that 'enabled' me to buy all those seeds! I went a little nuts but they will last and they get picked over so fast at the store. Last year I couldn't even get radish seeds and this year I was too late for my annual Easter Lily! You have to buy it when you see it down here! LOL!

      Delete
    2. Oh no! I'm a seed-enabler!!! Add that to the list lol! ;)

      Delete
  6. Awesome
    Enjoy your day my dear friend
    Love x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the monsoon isn't too bad for you. How organized you are for preparation and what great goodies you picked up at Wally World.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll be fine here as I have never seen our area here flood and it travels to the lake and if the lake fills there's a spillway so as long as we have power and my sump pump keeps going I should be fine.....unfortunately the porch roof is leaking again.

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!