Thursday, October 15, 2015

A little Halloween/Fall decorating...........

Yesterday, I was on the phone (again) with nurses and clinics trying to find one that would draw my blood without having to drive to Mountain Home.   Finally, I was able to find a small hospital in a neighboring town where I could get it done.  By afternoon I am feeling pretty flexible so I got my blood drawn and hopefully that will satisfy insurance, doctor, nurses and anyone else that seems to be SO interested in a 66 year old woman who has had RA for 30 some years but whom they treat as if I am trying to "get away with something".  I think drug dealers have an easier time than I'm having!  I really think cocaine would be easier to get my hands on!  Don't get me wrong, I am not interested in  illegal drugs.  I just want my RA medicine....NOW!  But, enough about me! LOL!
Because I am so stiff in the mornings, by afternoon when I "loosen up" I am rushing around trying to get things done.  I value my feeling normal afternoons so I got some decorating done for Halloween and Fall.  I have more but it was getting dark so I couldn't get pictures of the rest.  I will tomorrow.  But for now here's what I've got to show you........



That's all for today.  It was still hot again today......ahhhh.   They keep saying a cold front is coming but I am still waiting!  It can't be cold enough for me! LOL!
Happy Trails!

15 comments:

  1. Sometime the hoops you have to jump through are ridiculous. Cool decorations:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and I am not doing much "jumping" at all. More like shuffling! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Isn't it crazy? I have a nasty medicine that I have to drink every morning. If I want to fill th prescription a day or two early because we're taking a trip somewhere, you would think i was trying to get some illegal substance for nefarious purposes. I mean seriously. Who in their right mind would drink that stuff for fun? It's pure craziness!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Mine is an injection costs about $150.00 shot and you have to buy at least 4 at a time. Who would shell out money like that just for the fun of it? Yep! They're all nuts!

      Delete
  3. It's always a battle with health care people. I love your decorations. Where are your black cats? I need to get mine out and in a display. Enjoy your day my friend. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're down in the basement and with the RA I can only make so many trips up and down those stairs. I'll probably dig them out eventually....we'll see how I feel. I'm lucky to get my laundry done lately! LOL! The longer I go without the medicine the stiffer I get....kind of like the tin man without any oil!

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry my friend. I hope you get what you need SOON!

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry you were treated that way. You are so festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stefanie. There is something to be said about getting older and becoming "invisible". But I can be "cantankerous" if being nice doesn't get me anywhere! LOL!

      Delete
  5. How terrible! I don't think it is right to have to jump through hoops to get medicine!
    I do love your Halloween wreath- very cute. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri! How are you? I learned this time that I will always have some "backup" meds so this never happens again. See, an old dog can learn new tricks! LOL! Happy Fall to you!

      Delete
  6. Well, it's just malarkey that they put you through all of that just to get the medicines that you need. I'm sorry.
    I do hope that it is all ironed out now, and you will be able to get your prescriptions filled soon.

    Cute décor! Love that Jack~O~Lantern grinning out the window ~~ fun!

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear your RA is acting up. I swear, the medical system and insurance companies are all out of whack. There are people who are getting medicine and there really is nothing wrong with them but they are great actors and have found a doctor who will prescribe anything. While folks who truly need assistance have to jump through hoops and over hurdles. Ridiculous! I put out a little Halloween/Fall decor yesterday, too. Take care, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!