Friday, September 12, 2014

Moving right along!

Fall weather is here to stay!  I think we've seen the last of the hot weather until next summer, hopefully.  Now is when I can really get outside and get work done but then there's always the inside calling too.  I picked up a few pumpkins at the Farmer's Market on Wednesday.....let the decorating begin!
I've turned a corner on the porch...who know's what day it is?  Day #10 now?  Oh well, it will get done eventually as long as I keep plugging away on it.  The porch will be my library and my porch "garden" where all my plants will reside and where I will be trying to grow some winter "crops".
I've gotten all my cookbooks out here now.  Whoa Nellie!  I had no idea I had so many until I got them altogether.  I have some old ones from my Mom too that I will show in another post. I keep my library books on the little ladder so they don't get lost in among my other books.  The plant on top of my "boom box" is a mint plant that I use in cooking.  I have no idea what the other plant is but it's survived so it's a good one in my book!
This Canada Dry shelf used to hold my pantry items and "back up" supplies but they are now back in the kitchen....and no, you do not want to see my kitchen right now! LOL! But isn't the porch looking good?   There will be more books going on the shelves there but I may need to put placemats or fabric covered board over the grates or I just may use the whole thing for plants.  It's a work in progress for sure.
 
I finally found my sour cream rhubarb coffee cake recipe that I used to make over on All Recipes
I made it and tasted it and it is exactly the cake I remember.  So good with a little whipped cream on top and a good cup of coffee or tea.  Thanks to my daughter for bringing me all the rhubarb as I have tried growing it here and to no avail even using the recommended variety for this region.
Yes, along with the cool temps and fall weather comes the urge to bake! LOL!  Enjoy!
Have a great Friday and what are you up to this fine Fall weekend?
Happy Trails!

6 comments:

  1. Your porch is coming right along, Sandy.
    I especially love the Canada Dry stand. I had to laugh at the one upside down shelf!
    Here's hoping you have a great weekend-Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it's looking so sweet..I love it so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a wonderful collection of cookbooks. It's nice to have them altogether. Love that Canada Dry stand, too! It's great for seasonal decorations. Enjoy your weekend! I'm still trying to get some order in my house. lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad To have found your blog. I'm thoroughly enjoying your porch posts. It's inspiring me to do something around my house-I just haven't figured out what yet! :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love shelves. I like your cookbook one. And pumpkins! I forgot about them. I forgot to start looking for canned pumpkin at Trader Joe's too. We will take the buys and go walking tomorrow by the bay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The porch is looking good! We made Roast Pork Potatoes and Gravy today..it is cold here! Comfort food for sure!
    Your knitting is coming along even if it is slow:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!