Thursday, May 16, 2019

Stitch Maynia Day #9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16!!!

I really fell behind........and I showed you SM Day #11 yesterday.....the October one.....I hadn't taken pictures of the others which was the problem.  But I have now!

Day #9 -This is a free pattern from The Snowflower Diaries called Pumpkins for Cathey (2013) in memory of her friend Cathey from Pumpkin Patch and Co. She used fancy floss but I am using DMC but that pumpkin looks pretty yellow to me...........
Day #10 - This was a free pattern but I don't remember from who and the pattern doesn't state.  You can't see the letters very clearly because they will be outlined when done which is back stitch and that will make them stand out.
Day #11 - I showed you yesterday
Day #12 - This is a free pattern from Lizzie Kate called Liberty.......I'm almost done with this one!

Day #13 -  This is another free but unknown author.  This is on smaller count fabric and is going to take longer as there are half stitches and back stitching but it should be cute when done.  It says Happy Easter at the bottom.....
Day #14 is a free one from Glory Bee Designs at www.GloryBeeStitch.com   She has some of the cutest and she has pay for patterns too.  I have some watermelon decor in the Summertime so this will be perfect!  If you can't tell it is a watermelon.

Day #15 - This one is for October but not sure from what designer.......
Day #16 - Today!!!
This is another free pattern from Glory Bee.........this is on some Blush 14 ct Aida that was gifted to me.............
Aside from the fact that this is on some not tea/coffee dyed fabric...I am also using a new technique I learned last night from watching The Fat Quarter Shop's Stitch Maynia podcast.  Kimberly showed how to do "railroading" and I cannot believe how much better my stitching looks!  I wish I would have known this years ago.  It is truly amazing...it keeps it from twisting and knotting plus your "X's" cross exactly in the middle and they all look alike!  Here's a close up..........I always wondered why other's cross stitch looked so nice and mine was just 'okay'...this is why folks!  If you are a cross stitcher or thinking of it...I would highly recommend Kimberly's Fat Quarter Shop Stitch Maynia Episode from yesterday on You Tube......for me it was life changing!  Thank you, Kimberly! 

I hope you are all well and enjoying Spring but not working too hard.  Tomorrow I hope to be back to my "regularly scheduled programming" if there really is such a thing in my life.
Happy Trails!!!

4 comments:

  1. The stitching is lovely! Those are some really nice patterns Sam, great that you got them for free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love them all! I'm also going to check out "railroading." Thanks for the information about it. Happy Stitching.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you keep up. I'm doing absolutely nothing right now as I just can't decide what I want to make. Crochet? Cross-stitch? Actually I am making a friendship book right now with scrapbook supplies, upcycling an old Japanese restaurant menu booklet, so that is something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have lots of projects in the works! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!